aux hydraulic plumbing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

I don't really know where to put this one as there is no Kobelco catagory , I have a guy who has a 907 CLC long reach Kobelco excavator and he wants to mount his vibratory pate compactor to it , it has no wet kit ( aux hyd) , the dealer told me today they don't have anything for it , and they called all their after market venders and no kit is available , I have a call into several other venders of aux kits and have yet to hear back from any of them , I don't think I will find a kit as it is a 25 year old machine and a 50 ft boom , I can run hoses down the boom and he would be ok with that so the tubing is no big deal , the plumbing , valve and trigger is the problem , I have seen machines that people had tied into the travel motor to operate the aux with a flow diverter or what ever they would use , but never really paid attention to how it was plumbed , I only need one direction of flow , and I would probally have to run the return hose back to the tank to keep the back pressure off the compactor , the machine will be on a barge so travel will be very limited any way -------any one got any ideas on how to plumb it up

Tazza

Staff member
If it was me, i would plumb it into the power beyond port "PB" on the control block, run it to an electric solenoid and presto. Any reason why that wouldn't work?

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

If it was me, i would plumb it into the power beyond port "PB" on the control block, run it to an electric solenoid and presto. Any reason why that wouldn't work?
I finally got a company named Hydraulic Curcuitry that says they can produce a kit and it is on the way , the valving and plumbing on the machine is pretty reasonable at $2,999 considering that a complete vavle assembly is going to be needed as this Kobelco has no previsions for aux hyd , and for that price it includes everything to the base of the boom , ---- it's the tubing , brackets , fittings and on/off valves on the boom that cost the money and really shocked me at @ $4,600 they say because of the long boom , I just finished a Kobelco 115 and the kit with the tubing on boom was only $3,300, twice the machine twice the price I guess , so the guy wants to run hyd hoses down the boom for now and get up running , says after this first big job he may add the tubing , I really don't think the hoses are going to last long with the pulsating of the hoses and the machine is going to be working on top a barge on the water , I think a disaster is in the making when it blows a hose , aand 110 foot of 1" hydraulic hose isn't going to be cheap

Tazza

Staff member
I finally got a company named Hydraulic Curcuitry that says they can produce a kit and it is on the way , the valving and plumbing on the machine is pretty reasonable at $2,999 considering that a complete vavle assembly is going to be needed as this Kobelco has no previsions for aux hyd , and for that price it includes everything to the base of the boom , ---- it's the tubing , brackets , fittings and on/off valves on the boom that cost the money and really shocked me at @ $4,600 they say because of the long boom , I just finished a Kobelco 115 and the kit with the tubing on boom was only $3,300, twice the machine twice the price I guess , so the guy wants to run hyd hoses down the boom for now and get up running , says after this first big job he may add the tubing , I really don't think the hoses are going to last long with the pulsating of the hoses and the machine is going to be working on top a barge on the water , I think a disaster is in the making when it blows a hose , aand 110 foot of 1" hydraulic hose isn't going to be cheap
WOW thats a long run of hose. I see no reason why if its 1" hose and if you used 4 wire that you would have a problem. Its whats used on hydrostatic transmissions with pressures up to 5,000 PSI and std aux hydraulics goes 2,500-3,000 PSI. There is a good safety margin there too.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

WOW thats a long run of hose. I see no reason why if its 1" hose and if you used 4 wire that you would have a problem. Its whats used on hydrostatic transmissions with pressures up to 5,000 PSI and std aux hydraulics goes 2,500-3,000 PSI. There is a good safety margin there too.
Yes it is a long run , so long that I have had a late recomendation from the kit manufacturer that I should use 1 1/4 " (#20) on the return side and 1" (#16) on the pressure side since the run is so long and they are also suggesting to go with the size smaller plate compactor than the machine is rated for ,which is OK as the one to be mounted is smaller than the max possible for the machine already , lucky break , the both recomendations are in fear of heat build up

Tazza

Staff member
Yes it is a long run , so long that I have had a late recomendation from the kit manufacturer that I should use 1 1/4 " (#20) on the return side and 1" (#16) on the pressure side since the run is so long and they are also suggesting to go with the size smaller plate compactor than the machine is rated for ,which is OK as the one to be mounted is smaller than the max possible for the machine already , lucky break , the both recomendations are in fear of heat build up
I didn't think much about heat but it makes sense! I was thinking more about reduced flow due to the long run and friction, naturally friction generates heat.
Thats a good idea to use a smaller compactor, over that length i'm sure the flow will be droping off a bit.

motrac

I didn't think much about heat but it makes sense! I was thinking more about reduced flow due to the long run and friction, naturally friction generates heat.
Thats a good idea to use a smaller compactor, over that length i'm sure the flow will be droping off a bit.
being a Kobelco tech I will say they gave you a good price on that kit. That kit IS still available from Kobelco at twice the money but you need know where to look as for part # Dont use quick couplers on the attachment hoses as couplers gererate a LOT of heat in the hys and will be short lived from the vibration. been there done that..... and have the scars to prove it

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

being a Kobelco tech I will say they gave you a good price on that kit. That kit IS still available from Kobelco at twice the money but you need know where to look as for part # Dont use quick couplers on the attachment hoses as couplers gererate a LOT of heat in the hys and will be short lived from the vibration. been there done that..... and have the scars to prove it
Glad to hear the price was right , the kits I have installed from them have been complete and farly easy to install , very helpful and nice people to deal with , I was by the machine yesterday and all is fine so far , wish he would have went with the tubing as I have told him the hoses would take a beating , but to tell the truth the vibration and pulsation isn't too bad , we didn't use quick couplers ----- he got a remaned Stanley 1100 from Midco Sling ( good people ) , had the pins and bushings machined at a local shop, got the wet kit , and had the hoses for the boom made locally , right at $14,000 complete installed package , this package could have cost a small fortune ----------had heard that several of the enginners from Kobelco left when they merged with NewHolland , Case , Ford and Fiat , and went to work building Lou Gong equipent , have seen a few of the Gong excavators around here and they look nice , time will tell , do you still work on Kobelcos

motrac

Glad to hear the price was right , the kits I have installed from them have been complete and farly easy to install , very helpful and nice people to deal with , I was by the machine yesterday and all is fine so far , wish he would have went with the tubing as I have told him the hoses would take a beating , but to tell the truth the vibration and pulsation isn't too bad , we didn't use quick couplers ----- he got a remaned Stanley 1100 from Midco Sling ( good people ) , had the pins and bushings machined at a local shop, got the wet kit , and had the hoses for the boom made locally , right at $14,000 complete installed package , this package could have cost a small fortune ----------had heard that several of the enginners from Kobelco left when they merged with NewHolland , Case , Ford and Fiat , and went to work building Lou Gong equipent , have seen a few of the Gong excavators around here and they look nice , time will tell , do you still work on Kobelcos
yea still patching Kobelcos in central Indiana. My employeer is the largest Kobelco dealer in North America.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

yea still patching Kobelcos in central Indiana. My employeer is the largest Kobelco dealer in North America.
I have always like kobelco , I would think central Indy would be Catville , Kobe's perform well and seldom break but when they do it is either expensive or a nightmare job , there are quite a few around here , just recent a door hindge broke , only sold with door $2,200 , and they sport the hydraulic fittings from hell ------am I right in thinking the way it goes now days is anything over 16,000 weight is a Kobelco , anything under is a New Holland

motrac

I have always like kobelco , I would think central Indy would be Catville , Kobe's perform well and seldom break but when they do it is either expensive or a nightmare job , there are quite a few around here , just recent a door hindge broke , only sold with door $2,200 , and they sport the hydraulic fittings from hell ------am I right in thinking the way it goes now days is anything over 16,000 weight is a Kobelco , anything under is a New Holland
your right about central Indiana being catville!! I did my time at the cat house on the eastside of Indy before moving on. I work for a dealer with 16 store branches, Ohio. Indiana. kentucky, and Michigan so total combined sales makes us largest Kobelco dealer in NA. There are a few hyd fittings on a kobelco that were proprietary but now available aftermarket and any good hose shop can now get. All in all every excavator on the market these days is a decent machine with eception to a Gradall. All offer decent parts availablity, and performance and every one is big $$ when broke. We are also a New Holland Construction dealer and can anysize excavator and have it labled NH or Kobelco. We tend to lean toward selling a Kobelco as we sell so many we receive discounts and can sell them cheaper than a NH badged unit. As for Kobelco performance when doing machine demos......... Deere/ hatachi can hold their own in a demo, Cat just plain will be buried by a Kobelco,