Aux hose pops off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Axel

The male hydraulic aux connector ejects the grapple hose after about 20 minutes of work. It is then basically impossible to recouple the hose by hand. at the same time this happens, the tilt and lift start to sporadically malfunction. Tilt and lift will have intermittent hiccups and sometimes require restarts but sometimes they will start working again without restart. The left handle lights will flash either a right or left actuator code but the codes don't always stay on, instead they will turn off as if nothing and tilt/lift will resume working. If I continue using the machine, eventually tilt/lift will stop working and if I hold either control long enough the error lights will stay on. It seems to me there is too much pressure in the system and the actuators can't overcome it. if the machine sits for a week all seems back to normal. Also, not sure if this is relevant, but when I last did the hydraulic oil change I unintentionally put more than enough oil(eyeballed it with the arms up). There is actually evidence of it leaking out of the side breather cap, probably when the arms are down and the machine is working at an angle. At most, the level was only about half an inch above the fill line. both caps are new so they probably do not create much resistance. Any thoughts?

Tazza

Staff member
Could it just be a bad coupler allowing it to pop off?
If you think you may have too much pressure, hook up a gauge to your aux hydraulics and operate them, see what figure you get. You don't want it too high, or you risk blowing hoses or the pump.