Attachment Name and Use? 310 Skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

310 Jeff

Just inherited a 310 Skidsteer with an interesting attachment in addition to the bucket. I would call it a ripper/dozer/grader mult-select. Wondering what the technical name actually is and the uses for it?

<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"><script>

OP
OP

310 Jeff

ZdV0UZO.jpg

Lowe.Buuck

It looks like a 3-point garden tractor attachment that is mounted to a 3-point to skid steer adapter.
ZdV0UZO.jpg

OP
OP

310 Jeff

It looks like a 3-point garden tractor attachment that is mounted to a 3-point to skid steer adapter.
Thanks for the reply! Still trying to figure out the image posting. Can't get it to work even after reviewing the instructions in the FAQ for the forums.

I ended up finding a mfg tag on it and have identified it as a Gannon Earthcavator FD-42. Seems to be a handy unit if I can figure out how to best use it.

Lowe.Buuck

Thanks for the reply! Still trying to figure out the image posting. Can't get it to work even after reviewing the instructions in the FAQ for the forums.

I ended up finding a mfg tag on it and have identified it as a Gannon Earthcavator FD-42. Seems to be a handy unit if I can figure out how to best use it.
I Google'd the name and looked at pictures of those attachments.
It is a box-blade that has ripper teeth attached to the back. If you rotate the box, the ripper teeth are in the down position. Your picture shows the unit with the ripper teeth down and the box side plates pointing up. If you rotate it to the other position, it will put the cutting edge down and the side plates in the normal operating position.
Box-blades are used to level the soil by cutting off the high areas and pulling the soil along in the box. If you cross over a low area, that soil drops in to the low areas. The ripper is used to break up compacted soil so it is easier for the cutting edge to penetrate into the grade.
The way it is mounted, you will use it by driving in reverse. Most skid steer box blades are mounted so you operate them driving forward.

OP
OP

310 Jeff

I Google'd the name and looked at pictures of those attachments.
It is a box-blade that has ripper teeth attached to the back. If you rotate the box, the ripper teeth are in the down position. Your picture shows the unit with the ripper teeth down and the box side plates pointing up. If you rotate it to the other position, it will put the cutting edge down and the side plates in the normal operating position.
Box-blades are used to level the soil by cutting off the high areas and pulling the soil along in the box. If you cross over a low area, that soil drops in to the low areas. The ripper is used to break up compacted soil so it is easier for the cutting edge to penetrate into the grade.
The way it is mounted, you will use it by driving in reverse. Most skid steer box blades are mounted so you operate them driving forward.
I'll have to do some investigation and see if I can flip the middle portion of the attachment end over end so that I can operate it in the opposite direction. Or I just need to be very aware of where I am reversing to.

Lowe.Buuck

I'll have to do some investigation and see if I can flip the middle portion of the attachment end over end so that I can operate it in the opposite direction. Or I just need to be very aware of where I am reversing to.
It appears that you should be able to rotate to both push or pull.
f108e7fddb8cfa792edbef0768f09c50.jpg