ASV / Terex PT110 forestry right track not functioning

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ster1

Hi folks,
New one on me here. I have a ASV / Terex PT110 forestry that has a track malfunction. The right track will move backwards, just fine, but it'll only move forward a short bit and then stop. I don't know if the engine boggs down, pressures out, etc. All I know is it stops. I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow. The operator can't tell me really anything else. Otherwise, the machine works fine; left track, everything else is fine. Aside from something obvious like a rock in the track or a boogered final, is there anything else I should look for? Thanks!

brdgbldr

Not familiar with that machine at all.

Other than something being in the track, you could check drive control linkages (if it has them). Or a bad drive solenoid (if it has those).

Sorry I couldn't help more. Not a lot of posts for Terex on here.

TerraD

Do you have any codes coming up? Like one that says "Undesired track movement"... If that code has not shown up then you most likely have a drive motor that is failing. Now if that code has come up then you can take a look at the speed sensor or speed sensor harness possibly being the problem. Though I'm thinking not likely unfortunately.
Depending on serial number is going to depend on which one of the below is yours. Just need to get ahold of your local dealer and they should be able to help you figure this out.
1671563633585.png

1671563675422.png

TDB2

Hi folks,
New one on me here. I have a ASV / Terex PT110 forestry that has a track malfunction. The right track will move backwards, just fine, but it'll only move forward a short bit and then stop. I don't know if the engine boggs down, pressures out, etc. All I know is it stops. I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow. The operator can't tell me really anything else. Otherwise, the machine works fine; left track, everything else is fine. Aside from something obvious like a rock in the track or a boogered final, is there anything else I should look for? Thanks!
Hello Ster1. I have one of these machines. I had the code for undesired track movement, but very intermittingly. Drove me crazy. I chased it down to the speed sensors in the drove motors. I was unsure which one so I replace both....and replaced both wiring harnesses from the drive motors back into the main harness area right under your feet. Fixed. But if your not getting a code that may not be your problem. I did have my machine error out without a code sometimes. Just would not move at all, but the parking light would light up on the dash up high on the right side when it did stop moving. You can install a pressure gauge into the port used for testing pump drive pressures and maybe see something. If it goes backward and not forward sounds to me like the directional valve that controls the fluid is not operating correctly. If the drive motor was junk I would think it would not go in either direction. But I am not a pro here, I just work on my own stuff.

OP
OP
S

Ster1

Man I am not getting emails from this site. I think I keep screwing up my notification settings. Sorry!. I didn't know all you guys responded. Thank you for the tips! Incidentally, by the time I got around to actually scheduling the service the guy called me off saying "it's all good now". Now that I'm thinking about it, that event happened right after I told the owner of the machine I was raising my shop rates :).

Latest posts