ASV or BOBCAT

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brute

Hi guys, I am located in Australia and tossing up between 2 machines an ASV RT60 or a Bobcat T450. Just wondering what experiences people have had with them and what you would choose. Please help. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I'm partial to Bobcat, parts availability is the biggest thing they have going for them.
I have no experience with a T450

rodbuilder

You are talking about the difference between a Lexus and a Yugo!!! No one in his right mind would pick a Bobcat over an ASV or Terex (same thing!) ASV has a suspension system - Bobcat has NONE! ASV has pilot controls. Bobcat has sticks unless you order the pilot optional!! ASV rides as smooth as silk. Bobcat will toss you around like a ball in a cement mixer!!! ASV has a BIG resale value. How many ASV's do you see for sale? Its because when someone has one they keep it!!! Now that you have the Internet to work with you shouldn't have any problems getting parts for the ASV. Clearly put, there is NO comparison between the two machines.

Sutton

Rodbuilder. I have both an ASV and a Bobcat. The only thing ASV is better at, is perhaps pushing power(only slightly) or like in a muddy creek. How often do you work in a creek, meaning is it worth getting the ASV only for this purpose. Its your choice of either stick control or joystick in the bobcat. Even with joystick option(dearer that stick control) , this is still a cheaper machine than the ASV. Down side on the ASV: much, much more exy on the under carriage in comparison. All the ASV suspension parts and tracks are much dearer than bobcat. Over all running cost on the ASV is much higher. Also dont use the ASV on things like removing tree stumps(or similar hard work), you will soon have that great suspension internal rubbers collapsing on you(Another super expensive part not even found in a bobcat). Bobcat is defiantly the front runner when it comes to this type of work. If you think about low running cost, reliability and a machine to do the daily earthworks jobs, bobcat is the one by far.

mrbb

I would base the decision on what one is in better condition, , and or what you have for brand support near you
as in, do you have more places NEAR YOU< to get OEM parts
as dealer support can be a huge factor in keeping a machine going on a job site if it goes down on you!

as always having to order parts grows old when your loosing money waiting on them!

SO< if you have more dealers for one brand near you, that would be BIG part of me picking one! other would eb again, condition,
if new, Back to dealer support picking the maker!

Sutton

Lucky for us we have both asv and bobcat(clark) dealership in our area. Our clark equipment is offering a far better service than asv. However its the people working there making the difference. It might not be the same in another area

Latest posts