anyone have a 12" bucket for sale?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

looking for a 12" pin on bucket for my 709 backhoe attachment. it's part #6532918. I'd settle for a 16". long shot, just figured i'd ask. I could paypal cash if it had to be shipped. i'm in MA.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

Can you put an add on craigs list?
Someone will have one, even try bobcat or another earth moving fabricator.
i have tried craigslist and other sites. they are hard to come by. i think they only sold the pin on ones for a few years until they switched to all x-change. i wish i bought one with the quick change, but it is what it is

TriHonu

i have tried craigslist and other sites. they are hard to come by. i think they only sold the pin on ones for a few years until they switched to all x-change. i wish i bought one with the quick change, but it is what it is
&nbsp
I bought a couple buckets a few years back. I asked Bobcat what machines/attachments they fit on.
The buckets for the 709 also fit the 8709, 811 and the 8811. You may want to expand your search.
The 607 buckets also fit the 225, 325 and 328 mini excavators.
I never compared the two mounts to determine the differences. I have a 12 in for the 607 and a 24 for the 709. They are both frozen under a snow drift at the moment...

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

&nbsp
I bought a couple buckets a few years back. I asked Bobcat what machines/attachments they fit on.
The buckets for the 709 also fit the 8709, 811 and the 8811. You may want to expand your search.
The 607 buckets also fit the 225, 325 and 328 mini excavators.
I never compared the two mounts to determine the differences. I have a 12 in for the 607 and a 24 for the 709. They are both frozen under a snow drift at the moment...
i have searched for all those, yeah i know they are all the same. i found it strange the 607 was different than the other two.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

i have searched for all those, yeah i know they are all the same. i found it strange the 607 was different than the other two.
my bobcat salesman cannot get this bucket, bobcat no longer makes it. how is that possible? he could get a bucket for the much older 907 backhoe but not the newer 907. that doesn't even make sense.

TriHonu

my bobcat salesman cannot get this bucket, bobcat no longer makes it. how is that possible? he could get a bucket for the much older 907 backhoe but not the newer 907. that doesn't even make sense.
&nbsp
If you are still willing to settle for a 16", Hunt Tractor - 16" 709 Bucket
Another possibility - Equipment Trader
Your best bet is to start calling Bobcat Dealers. I know the ones by me always have a bunch of used stuff that never gets listed on their website.
The other option is to find a 12" bucket and have a fab shop make new ears to fit the 709.
Last resort might be the place on Ebay that makes aftermarket buckets for about $900 - LISTING

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

&nbsp
If you are still willing to settle for a 16", Hunt Tractor - 16" 709 Bucket
Another possibility - Equipment Trader
Your best bet is to start calling Bobcat Dealers. I know the ones by me always have a bunch of used stuff that never gets listed on their website.
The other option is to find a 12" bucket and have a fab shop make new ears to fit the 709.
Last resort might be the place on Ebay that makes aftermarket buckets for about $900 - LISTING
Yeah i have contacted hunt about the 16, probably the route i will end up going. thanks for your help.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

Yeah i have contacted hunt about the 16, probably the route i will end up going. thanks for your help.
found a guy that has a 16" for sale in my town. bobcat brand. pin size is right, but ears are too close together. if i can get it cheap enough i can open them up, no big deal. but the pin spacing is a couple inches less than on my other bucket. what effect does this have if the pins are closer together?

rjitreeman0909

found a guy that has a 16" for sale in my town. bobcat brand. pin size is right, but ears are too close together. if i can get it cheap enough i can open them up, no big deal. but the pin spacing is a couple inches less than on my other bucket. what effect does this have if the pins are closer together?
Closer together will make it curl faster. In direct proportional to the distance. It ill make the curl strength weaker by the inverse of the distance ratio.

TriHonu

Closer together will make it curl faster. In direct proportional to the distance. It ill make the curl strength weaker by the inverse of the distance ratio.
&nbsp
If you have to cut the ears off, why not make a new set of ears? You can then copy Bobcats hole layout to make sure you get the proper range of bucket rotation. The hole position and spacing on this bucket may not allow you to fully curl or fully extend (dump) the bucket when installed on your 709.
I suggest you compare the hole positions of this bucket to a bucket designed for the 709.
On my Bradco, the buckets have three sets of holes where you can mount the bucket link.
The first position is the "Power Dig" position. It give you 20% more curl power than the standard position.
The second position is the "Truck Loading" position. It allow you to curl the bucket tighter to the dipper to maximize the dump height.
The third position is the standard position that gives you 180 degrees of bucket rotation.
Normally, I keep the link in the Power Dig position, especially since the last few jobs were removing stumps. I dug one Silver Maple that had so many fine roots that the closest I could get to the stump left me with a 7 foot diameter ball about 2.5 foot thick. The only way to move it was to roll it out of the hole with the hoe. I couldn't move it with the loader until I leaned it up against a tree and used a pressure washer to wash away most of the soil clinging to the roots. Even after trimming, I just barely had enough lift to get that stump on the trailer.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

&nbsp
If you have to cut the ears off, why not make a new set of ears? You can then copy Bobcats hole layout to make sure you get the proper range of bucket rotation. The hole position and spacing on this bucket may not allow you to fully curl or fully extend (dump) the bucket when installed on your 709.
I suggest you compare the hole positions of this bucket to a bucket designed for the 709.
On my Bradco, the buckets have three sets of holes where you can mount the bucket link.
The first position is the "Power Dig" position. It give you 20% more curl power than the standard position.
The second position is the "Truck Loading" position. It allow you to curl the bucket tighter to the dipper to maximize the dump height.
The third position is the standard position that gives you 180 degrees of bucket rotation.
Normally, I keep the link in the Power Dig position, especially since the last few jobs were removing stumps. I dug one Silver Maple that had so many fine roots that the closest I could get to the stump left me with a 7 foot diameter ball about 2.5 foot thick. The only way to move it was to roll it out of the hole with the hoe. I couldn't move it with the loader until I leaned it up against a tree and used a pressure washer to wash away most of the soil clinging to the roots. Even after trimming, I just barely had enough lift to get that stump on the trailer.
heres proof that a 909 911 bucket will fit on a 709 https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NfwAAOSwSB1azkZR/s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts