Anyone elso have an 'outage' yesterday?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alchemysa

Did anyone else have a problem connecting to the skidsteer forum yesterday? I couldnt connect for about 24 hrs. I see no comments about it from the mods or owner.

melli

Yeah, same here...I got some weird page. Glad to see this site is still in business...I thought it was a goner...

OP
OP
alchemysa

alchemysa

Yeah, same here...I got some weird page. Glad to see this site is still in business...I thought it was a goner...
Yeah me to. I've seen it twice before with other sites that I liked. Owners lose interest. Site crashes. Goodnight nurse.

Tazza

Staff member
Yeah me to. I've seen it twice before with other sites that I liked. Owners lose interest. Site crashes. Goodnight nurse.
It was an ISP issue
When i noticed the site was down, i emailed the owner, he was on the phone to his ISP and was back up within minutes.
Nothing serious

Dameon

It was an ISP issue
When i noticed the site was down, i emailed the owner, he was on the phone to his ISP and was back up within minutes.
Nothing serious
Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PinnedDate', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Posts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TotalPosts', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Forums'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PinnedDate', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Posts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TotalPosts', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Forums'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PinnedDate', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Posts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TotalPosts', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Forums'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.] AspNetForums.Data.SqlDataProvider.AddPost(Post postToAdd, String username) +1031 AspNetForums.Posts.AddPost(Post postToAdd) +101 AspNetForums.Controls.CreateEditPost.PostButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1588 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2504; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2505

Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. 3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. 3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page.
3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.] System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +117 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +101
[HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate
Port: 56032
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
ViewState: Http-Referer: http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&showlogin=1&frmView=AddPost&PostID=92706&mode=flat
Path: /DesktopDefault.aspx.]
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +547
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +459

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2504; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2505

Dameon

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PinnedDate', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Posts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TotalPosts', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Forums'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PinnedDate', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Posts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TotalPosts', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Forums'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PinnedDate', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Posts'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TotalPosts', table 'skidsteerdb.dbo.AdverFRM_Forums'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.] AspNetForums.Data.SqlDataProvider.AddPost(Post postToAdd, String username) +1031 AspNetForums.Posts.AddPost(Post postToAdd) +101 AspNetForums.Controls.CreateEditPost.PostButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1588 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. 3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. 3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page.
3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.] System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +117 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +101
[HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate
Port: 56032
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
ViewState: Http-Referer: http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&showlogin=1&frmView=AddPost&PostID=92706&mode=flat
Path: /DesktopDefault.aspx.]
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +547
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +459

Yeah, nothing serious. Been like this for 4 days.

I've been trying to post to the Bobcat -> CTL subforum for the past 4 days. Tazza managed to sneak a post in yesterday, but it appears no else was able to.

Why does the site owner insist on using this antiquated software? I see nothing special about the layout or function of this site that something more resilient, like phpBB, couldn't handle without a sweat.

There's a lot of good information here and I'd hate to see the site whither and die simply because the owners choice of software wasn't reliable. I would say a large portion of the posters here are not computer gurus. They are operators, mechanics and some say manufacturers.

It really is a shame.

Tazza

Staff member
Yeah, nothing serious. Been like this for 4 days.

I've been trying to post to the Bobcat -> CTL subforum for the past 4 days. Tazza managed to sneak a post in yesterday, but it appears no else was able to.

Why does the site owner insist on using this antiquated software? I see nothing special about the layout or function of this site that something more resilient, like phpBB, couldn't handle without a sweat.

There's a lot of good information here and I'd hate to see the site whither and die simply because the owners choice of software wasn't reliable. I would say a large portion of the posters here are not computer gurus. They are operators, mechanics and some say manufacturers.

It really is a shame.
The plan is to use new software, not the old platform that it is currently using.
He needs to find time and money to do the upgrade, i don't think the advertising even covers server costs that he has to run the site.
As for time, he was talking about paying someone to do it, but i don't think the money was there to do the job.
He hopes to have a test forum up in a few months to give it a test to see how it handles and to remove any bugs.

Hotrod1830

The plan is to use new software, not the old platform that it is currently using.
He needs to find time and money to do the upgrade, i don't think the advertising even covers server costs that he has to run the site.
As for time, he was talking about paying someone to do it, but i don't think the money was there to do the job.
He hopes to have a test forum up in a few months to give it a test to see how it handles and to remove any bugs.
I noticed the donation post. How much money does he need? If he will post a "goal" and the "current amount" donated, he would probably get a better response/donations. I myself would donate, but am unsure how much is the "norm", or needed. You never know, someone may donate the entire sum at once.

Tazza

Staff member
I noticed the donation post. How much money does he need? If he will post a "goal" and the "current amount" donated, he would probably get a better response/donations. I myself would donate, but am unsure how much is the "norm", or needed. You never know, someone may donate the entire sum at once.
I don't know if he has come up with a price....

Dameon

How about I offer an entire site, running phpBB, ready to go? Change the logo and some text layout and roll with it. Free. Hosting included. Is that affordable enough?

Tazza

Staff member
How about I offer an entire site, running phpBB, ready to go? Change the logo and some text layout and roll with it. Free. Hosting included. Is that affordable enough?
Dameon - can you look up my profile and send me an email?
I'll get in touch with the site owner and you two can have a chat to see what can be worked out between the two of you.

Dameon

Dameon - can you look up my profile and send me an email?
I'll get in touch with the site owner and you two can have a chat to see what can be worked out between the two of you.
Thanks Tazza. He has contacted me on previous occasions, so he has my info. Feel free to have him contact me if he would like to work something out.

Unicam

Has anything become of this?
I messed around this morning and created a forum ( i never saw this till now). I have no real intentions for it. I don't imagine it'd ever generate enough traffic to sell a sustainable amount in advertizing. meaning i wasn't intending on competing with this sight. It was more of an effort to see if i could even do it. it's a free template on freeboards.com or something like that. what should happen is a transfer of all this information here to the owners new sight. That would be what should happen. but if anyone wants to play with it join and let me know who you are, i'll try to figure out how to make you a mod with ability to change the forum. i'm not paying for a domain so it's got a funky unsearchable url basically only found thru facebook it's at http://unicam450.freeforums.net/