Anybody know of a good way to keep combo bucket and grapple hoses off of my S150 tires?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clydesdale

I am trying to see if anybody came up with a good way of keeping the hoses off of the tires. Do they make a hose guide or something? Thanks.

foton

I used a real heavy spring ,heated the ends to make a eyelet to fit a 1/2 x13 x2 inch bolt in one end that I added a block on the attachment( to give me more threads) and drilled and taped to match bolt . On other end use a piece of continuous thread used a nut on either side of the eyelet to hold in place and made out of oak a harness to hold both hoses, nutted in place. works well but when you heat treated steel it softens so it losses memory and will not completely return in place if you tug on it to hard. there is a youtube video of a guy doing this with a garage door torsion spring. I did not use that spring I bought the heaviest spring that tractor supply had. I think if you watch the video you can come up with your own version.

Lowe.Buuck

I used a real heavy spring ,heated the ends to make a eyelet to fit a 1/2 x13 x2 inch bolt in one end that I added a block on the attachment( to give me more threads) and drilled and taped to match bolt . On other end use a piece of continuous thread used a nut on either side of the eyelet to hold in place and made out of oak a harness to hold both hoses, nutted in place. works well but when you heat treated steel it softens so it losses memory and will not completely return in place if you tug on it to hard. there is a youtube video of a guy doing this with a garage door torsion spring. I did not use that spring I bought the heaviest spring that tractor supply had. I think if you watch the video you can come up with your own version.
&nbsp
You have a couple options.
1. Attachment Mounting Kit D-Ring part number 6729946. A flat plate of steel with a "D" shaped ring welded to it. This mounts to the left outside of the boom just forward of the tire. You route the attachment hydraulic hoses through the D-Ring and then to the boom couplers. The ring keeps the hoses away from the tire.
2. Hose Protector part number 7343167. This is a spring that bolts to an attachment. It stands vertical and the top has a double hose clamp. This spring supports the the excess hose when the Bob-Tach is curled and keeps the hoses up and away from pinch points and tires. When the attachment is dumped the spring can flex and the hoses can straighten.
Depending upon the attachment type and the materials being handled, each type can work better than the other.
On my Grapple, the hoses both have 90 deg elbows attached to the couplers. This routes the hoses across the front of the cab. I used a a loop of 1/2 inch cable (wire rope) in lieu of a spring to hold the hoses up. It keeps the hoses up but can flex forward when dumping. The cable is bolted to the top of the grapple. Keeping the hoses up and behind the grapple is safer than having the hose routed beside the boom when working in the woods.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

&nbsp
You have a couple options.
1. Attachment Mounting Kit D-Ring part number 6729946. A flat plate of steel with a "D" shaped ring welded to it. This mounts to the left outside of the boom just forward of the tire. You route the attachment hydraulic hoses through the D-Ring and then to the boom couplers. The ring keeps the hoses away from the tire.
2. Hose Protector part number 7343167. This is a spring that bolts to an attachment. It stands vertical and the top has a double hose clamp. This spring supports the the excess hose when the Bob-Tach is curled and keeps the hoses up and away from pinch points and tires. When the attachment is dumped the spring can flex and the hoses can straighten.
Depending upon the attachment type and the materials being handled, each type can work better than the other.
On my Grapple, the hoses both have 90 deg elbows attached to the couplers. This routes the hoses across the front of the cab. I used a a loop of 1/2 inch cable (wire rope) in lieu of a spring to hold the hoses up. It keeps the hoses up but can flex forward when dumping. The cable is bolted to the top of the grapple. Keeping the hoses up and behind the grapple is safer than having the hose routed beside the boom when working in the woods.
I planned to go with the D-ring type set up. But, it sounds like I would have to unbolt the D ring to remove the attachment. The new M- series bobcats have a similar device, but the D-ring is held in place with a pin. So, the whole thing can be removed quickly. I wonder if I can fab up something like that, or am I misunderstanding the D-ring version that would bolt to the arm?

Lowe.Buuck

I planned to go with the D-ring type set up. But, it sounds like I would have to unbolt the D ring to remove the attachment. The new M- series bobcats have a similar device, but the D-ring is held in place with a pin. So, the whole thing can be removed quickly. I wonder if I can fab up something like that, or am I misunderstanding the D-ring version that would bolt to the arm?
&nbsp
If you are making a "D" type retainer either:
1. Make the "D" large enough to be able to run a coupler through the "D" when there is already a hose through the "D". This is how large the factory ones are.
2. The better option is to make the "D" from two 90° pieces. The ends not welded to the plate should be long enough to run past each other. Also where those ends overlap they should be separated enough that a hose can lay between them. If viewed looking down from the top towards the flat strap those overlapping ends are parallel to each other and separated by a hose width.
When bolted to the loader arm, the "D" is parallel to the ground so the hose is guided along the boom. To install the hoses, hold a hose parallel to the ground push it between the two pieces of the "D" and rotate the hose vertical. Installing and removing hoses from this design is much faster and easier.