anybody here good with hydraulics ???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rokcrlr

I'm new here guys thanks for letting me join. I have hydraulic issues on a 445 about q 1985. I bought it with a bad drive motor. Motor was off when I got the machine so I couldn't try anything out. I rebuilt the motor and it works fine, but my lift and curl won't work. I went thru the valve body and replaced all the o rings and backers and seals. worse now. What it was doing is it would only lift if I hit a certain sweet spot with the peddle, same on dumping the bucket, But it wouldn't go down unless I shut it off and found that same certain sweet spot to let off the pressure. The bucket dumped, but won't curl back, same thing, had to find that certain sweet spot to get it to work. Any ideas what I need to be looking for?

Tazza

Staff member
Does this machine have aux hydraulics at all? WHen they are stuck on, it can cause all sorts of lift/tilt issues as the fluid is being diverted elsewhere.

OP
OP
R

rokcrlr

Does this machine have aux hydraulics at all? WHen they are stuck on, it can cause all sorts of lift/tilt issues as the fluid is being diverted elsewhere.
yes it does and they are capped off and the pedal is stuck. I found out that that might be the problem. I know they are not in a neutral position ATM, so pulling pedals off this weekend. I had a seal leaking so I have already pulled the valve body again . Or I would have just discountected to rod. Hopefully thats the issue Thanks for the reply.

Tedandgarn

yes it does and they are capped off and the pedal is stuck. I found out that that might be the problem. I know they are not in a neutral position ATM, so pulling pedals off this weekend. I had a seal leaking so I have already pulled the valve body again . Or I would have just discountected to rod. Hopefully thats the issue Thanks for the reply.
Hi, just bought a omc 342. Curious what type of hydraulic fluid to use. Tractor parts says high guard jd 20 c. Local oil distributors say uni track. I've seen some on here say transmission fluid. Any ideas?

OP
OP
R

rokcrlr

Hi, just bought a omc 342. Curious what type of hydraulic fluid to use. Tractor parts says high guard jd 20 c. Local oil distributors say uni track. I've seen some on here say transmission fluid. Any ideas?
My 445 calls for auto tranny fluid. I had a 345 I just used hydro oil in, but I'm running a universal tranny fluid in my 445. It meets some for specs. But I don't have it handy right now