Any One Dig Grave's ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Looking for some in put on grave digging. May consider getting into it. Just starting to look into it. Planning on getting a new peice of equipment for it. Backhoe or Mini Excavator?
when I get time I'll be at the grave yard watching. thanks dennis

jerry

At our local cemetery they get 300 per grave and I think the only practical thing is a mini ex because a lot of the cemeterys are laid out pretty tight. Central mn they charge 500 per grave just a different area, same basic hole. Some places want the spoil removed until after interment also.

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

At our local cemetery they get 300 per grave and I think the only practical thing is a mini ex because a lot of the cemeterys are laid out pretty tight. Central mn they charge 500 per grave just a different area, same basic hole. Some places want the spoil removed until after interment also.
I was thinking a mini zero turn drive strait in and out, no damage. thanks for the reply

nobull1

I was thinking a mini zero turn drive strait in and out, no damage. thanks for the reply
I used to dig a few for four or five years. It was really a community help out rather than a money making thing. We had to dig out the grave in the morning then cover it in the afternoon after the burial. In my case it just ruined a day but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. A mini was the only thing that would work as the graves were close together. We did have to move the extra spoils as the crate and casket take up a lot of the hole. You won't get rich but it makes for some good stories after a few beer.

Brian