Anderson attachments???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Looked at a 4 in 1 bucket from 'anderson', anyone know of this company?. I would like some feedback before I buy it?.
Thanks in advance,

OP
OP
P

perry

I don't know why I said it was an Anderson???, it's a 'Thomas' 4 in 1 bucket. Anyone have any experience or know of this companies products?.

Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know why I said it was an Anderson???, it's a 'Thomas' 4 in 1 bucket. Anyone have any experience or know of this companies products?.

Thanks
If its from a Thomas dealer it would have to be good, no skid steer dealer would sell junk.
The only real tips i can give on a good 4 in 1 bucket is to make sure its made of bizaloy. I think the sides of mine are about 6-8mm thick. The base and back are only 3-4mm sheet metal but i think they are all like that.

OP
OP
P

perry

If its from a Thomas dealer it would have to be good, no skid steer dealer would sell junk.
The only real tips i can give on a good 4 in 1 bucket is to make sure its made of bizaloy. I think the sides of mine are about 6-8mm thick. The base and back are only 3-4mm sheet metal but i think they are all like that.
Tazza, it's an individual, he's had it setting in the pasture for some time. It's in excellent condition except for the hyd. connectors. I believe I'll buy it, he's throwing in a hyd. dozer blade and I can use that to fill after I trench.

TriHonu

Tazza, it's an individual, he's had it setting in the pasture for some time. It's in excellent condition except for the hyd. connectors. I believe I'll buy it, he's throwing in a hyd. dozer blade and I can use that to fill after I trench.
Here is the company website info on Thomas 4in1 Bucket. I have seen their equipment at the local Ritchie Brothers Auctions. We used to see a lot of new Thomas attachments at the auctions up until last summer.
I have not used any of them however the quality of construction looked good. I would have bought one if a 66" 4in1 had shown up. Their attachments sold for the same money as the other good quality attachments.
I looked at a couple of their model 1300 loaders. Kubota engines, no frills, decent visibility but no dealer anywhere near here. New units only brought about $9000-$10,000 at the auctions.

OP
OP
P

perry

Here is the company website info on Thomas 4in1 Bucket. I have seen their equipment at the local Ritchie Brothers Auctions. We used to see a lot of new Thomas attachments at the auctions up until last summer.
I have not used any of them however the quality of construction looked good. I would have bought one if a 66" 4in1 had shown up. Their attachments sold for the same money as the other good quality attachments.
I looked at a couple of their model 1300 loaders. Kubota engines, no frills, decent visibility but no dealer anywhere near here. New units only brought about $9000-$10,000 at the auctions.
I picked up the Thomas 4 in 1 today and very satisfied with the quality, I got him down to $1300. Had been looking for a grapple bucket but, this just might fit my needs and more?.

Tazza

Staff member
I picked up the Thomas 4 in 1 today and very satisfied with the quality, I got him down to $1300. Had been looking for a grapple bucket but, this just might fit my needs and more?.
Its not as good at picking up brush as a grapple, but honestly, i can't live without mine. I find it easier to pick up dirt with than a smooth edge. Simply open lift over the pile, tilt forward and drive back while closing the bucket, full bucket load every time.

OP
OP
P

perry

Its not as good at picking up brush as a grapple, but honestly, i can't live without mine. I find it easier to pick up dirt with than a smooth edge. Simply open lift over the pile, tilt forward and drive back while closing the bucket, full bucket load every time.
Yeah!, I'm anxious to try her out. I'm currently cleaning out a wet weather creek and it's full of 1"-3" trees and brush. I'm hoping I can grab the trees and just pull them out?. The soil is very rich and soft, I commented to the owner, folks would pay big money for his soil.

OP
OP
P

perry

Yeah!, I'm anxious to try her out. I'm currently cleaning out a wet weather creek and it's full of 1"-3" trees and brush. I'm hoping I can grab the trees and just pull them out?. The soil is very rich and soft, I commented to the owner, folks would pay big money for his soil.
Got a chance to play with it today, pulled up a schrub I'd been meaning to dig up with a shovel, man! that was nice. This one has 'teeth' on the sides and I hope that makes it somewhat easier to pick up brush?. I see how you can get attached to this tool.