Alternator for 610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

eyebrowski

Has anyone had luck with an after market alternator? All the ones on eBay have fan blades (unlike the OEM one) but I ordered one anyway and it didn't fit. The pulley location was wrong and the fan blades interfere with the bracket arm. I may swing it by a local alternator repair shop to see if they can rebuild the original. https://i.imgur.com/Cdx6b1j.jpg

bobben

I am not to sure of the size of the alternator on a 610 but I go the wrecking yard and get an alternator off a geo metro nice little unit 50 amps easy to hook up have eliminated a few generators with them works great

6brnorma

I am not to sure of the size of the alternator on a 610 but I go the wrecking yard and get an alternator off a geo metro nice little unit 50 amps easy to hook up have eliminated a few generators with them works great
I run a number of 610s….all with alternators. I don't think any 2 are exactly the same. In general…. the tension arm must be angled a little to work on the alternator and then some spacers/shims are needed to move the pulley so it aligns with the pulley on the jackshaft. After that the fins sometimes work as they are …. sometimes I need to bend each one slightly and I think once I needed to grind a bit off of each one to make them work. Tension arm is the hardest part if you don't have the tools and knowledge.

6brnorma

I run a number of 610s….all with alternators. I don't think any 2 are exactly the same. In general…. the tension arm must be angled a little to work on the alternator and then some spacers/shims are needed to move the pulley so it aligns with the pulley on the jackshaft. After that the fins sometimes work as they are …. sometimes I need to bend each one slightly and I think once I needed to grind a bit off of each one to make them work. Tension arm is the hardest part if you don't have the tools and knowledge.
That did not read well. The alternators are all identical….but the lower pulley on the jackshaft is never in the exact same spot so "no two are the same" in that regard.