Almost finished 310 project

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stilgars310

So I bought the 310 2 years ago. It didn't make it through the first Iowa winter before letting me down. Sat until spring. Took it to Bobcat dealer in town ran through summer last year. Used once as fall set in. Died back to dealer. Get it home works for 2 snows and dies. I decide deal doesn't know old iron and couldn't think their way out of wet paper bag with out a laptop, so I take it on myself to find out if the engine is good or if I need to repower. Either way the engine has to come out. Get the engine out but in the process I find that every wire in the 310 has copper corrosion. I figure I will take engine apart to see if it is worth saving. Yes, Yes it is. Piston has no slop and cylinder walls show no sign of scoring. Bearings have no slop or wear and shaft needs only one shim for correct placement tolerance. Order new gaskets, seals, and bolts. It goes together well. Then on to wiring. As the wiring all had corrosion I checked all electrical and ignition parts. None are in tolerance except the starter but its worm gear has 1/8inch wear on first part of gear. So new wiring and new electrical. I start by ordering a Service manual. Dig though it. Find the Wiring diagrams helpful but hopelessly outdated by wiring standards of today. I find isavetractors.com. Bingo! They have parts for old iron small engines and have helpful tutorials for rebuilds and wiring. Good thing they do because I put the crankshaft seal in backwards and without them I would have missed it. So I found a good source for parts and reasonable wiring I decide to rewire 310 completely. But not before checking the hydraulics. Thank god only a small leak at the rear left wheel and right tilt cyclinder has a small one too. So parts arrive and so does Covid-19. But for me I don't get a slow down. I get two weeks of Hell to send 700 folks to work from home. Then 3 months to hear them complaining about how things don't work like they do at the office. But I'm not bitter... Last week I finally get some time. Get all wiring in. Starts like a champ. Now I only have to test the clutches to make sure they can take the clean power. Also to find out how to inbed pictures here.

oldchachie

I just bought a 310. Thanks for replying to my post earlier. I'm living the same dream a few steps behind... any pics/notes you're willing to post will be eagerly viewed!