Advice needed on fixing windsheild wiper

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HeavyHauler

Hello! I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice on how to get my windsheild wiper to work again. I am not electrical savvy at all so I'm not sure of what I need to do to figure out the problem. It started out as my wiper not working some of the time but now it stopped working completely. If I hook it up directly to a battery it works. I though it was the red wire that came out of it at first because it looked like it had rubbed on the frame of the machine so I taped it up but that didn't help. I checked the fuse and thats good. Thanks for your time.

mrbb

I would suggest getting a meter out and making sure there is power getting to the wiper motor, as if the wire was broken and all you did was tape over the break, that will not allow power top make it to the motor(BUT should trip your fuse), so I would also check your fuse with a meter to make sure it is actually a good fuse still!
and if your honestly NOT good with electrical stuff, maybe the better option is find someone you know that is to help you!
not maybe what you want to hear, but might make something simple be just that simple, rather than having you get fustrated or worked up trying to resolve yourself!

brdgbldr

Hello! I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice on how to get my windsheild wiper to work again. I am not electrical savvy at all so I'm not sure of what I need to do to figure out the problem. It started out as my wiper not working some of the time but now it stopped working completely. If I hook it up directly to a battery it works. I though it was the red wire that came out of it at first because it looked like it had rubbed on the frame of the machine so I taped it up but that didn't help. I checked the fuse and thats good. Thanks for your time.
Check the wire harness connection. My wiper was doing the same thing. I had to clean the connection before it would work again.