Adapted Plow, need Hydo advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PropWash

Greetings,
I had recently adapted an old meyer snow plow to my skidsteer.
The plow was lacking the turning cylinders, to I installed new mounting tabs and installed a single cylinder from Tractor Supply.
It works great for the most part, but the cylinder is overkill and moves WAY too fast. Is there a good way to restrict or slow down the force from the cylinder when im adjusting the plow.
Currently, if I drop to idle, and hit the button to turn it, it still almost 'snaps' instantly to one side or another. I did set it up to use full articulation and stroke, but damn.

Thoughts?

TriHonu

You need one of these
http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2008011809470217&item=9-5302-25&catname=hydraulic
Or install a fitting in one line with a 1/16" to 1/8" hole in it.
Ken
Skidsteer.ca - "Or install a fitting in one line with a 1/16" to 1/8" hole in it."
Flow Restrictors are very common in hydraulics they are just a female to male fitting that only has a small (around 1/8") port. You can drill it out to get the flow you desire. Bobcat uses them on their factory plows to slow down the swing. Call a local hydraulic shop and ask. The last pair I bought were only $3.00 a piece.
I plumbed my plow conversion with 1/4" hoses and that reduced the flow to a manageable speed.
I did spend the money on a flow control valve for my 4in1 Bucket. I don't have the variable flow auxiliary hydraulics and wanted to slow down the opening and closing of the bucket to get some additional control.

jerry

Skidsteer.ca - "Or install a fitting in one line with a 1/16" to 1/8" hole in it."
Flow Restrictors are very common in hydraulics they are just a female to male fitting that only has a small (around 1/8") port. You can drill it out to get the flow you desire. Bobcat uses them on their factory plows to slow down the swing. Call a local hydraulic shop and ask. The last pair I bought were only $3.00 a piece.
I plumbed my plow conversion with 1/4" hoses and that reduced the flow to a manageable speed.
I did spend the money on a flow control valve for my 4in1 Bucket. I don't have the variable flow auxiliary hydraulics and wanted to slow down the opening and closing of the bucket to get some additional control.
Propwash , what length stroke and diameter cyl did you buy? I have the same thing on my bobcat, a manual plow that I need to put power angle on and I only want to buy one cylinder. thanks