A300 two-speed issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nellek808

Bobcat A300 2-speed intermittently stops working. When I was troubleshooting it, it worked fine on the LH joystick (replaced 2 years ago), but not on the RH joystick. When I tried to activate it from the RH joystick, I received a 40-13 code (RH grip communication error). I checked all the connections, and have concluded that the RH grip has failed and needs replacement. My question is, with the RH grip not working, will that cause an intermittent issue with the LH grip not being able to put it into 2 speed? I have removed both grips, checked all connection points, no corrosion, no pushed back pins. I checked the connector at the 2 speed solenoid, same there, no issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bobkitty20

Having a similar issue on a 2013 S650. At start up it throws a LH joystick communication code and it will eventually go away allowing me to switch into 2nd gear if I want, as long as the code is up on the dash I can't switch gears. Checked connections in joystick and it's all clean and in good shape. Curious what's going on myself.

CLC

Bobcat A300 loader show a code 40 05 . It start up fine. the minute you engage the machine cut off and jerk to the right

brdgbldr

Bobcat A300 loader show a code 40 05 . It start up fine. the minute you engage the machine cut off and jerk to the right
This is what the error code is: Right Can Joystick X-axis Not In Neutral.

Not sure why the machine would cut off and jerk to the right since that would be a problem with the left joystick. That sounds like the the left joystick is stuck in the forward right position. So your problem could be with the left joystick. You could try a "HYDROSTATIC PUMP CALIBRATION", this is for the left joystick, which involves putting the machine on jackstands. The procedure is pretty long so I hope you have a service manual if this is what you need to do.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but you can try doing a lift and tilt calibration. This is for the right joystick.
With the seat bar down and cab door closed, move the right joystick forward and to the right, hold it there. Turn the key to the run position or press the RUN/ENTER button for power without stating the machine. On the left panel press the PRESS TO OPERATE button. You should hear the actuators moving. Release the joystick. You should hear an error alarm. The codes should be: 38-10 ACTUATOR CALIBRATION PERFORMED and I think code 32-24 ACS CONTROLLER CALIBRATION PERFORMED.

Here is a video that is on a different machine but the same lift tilt calibration procedure: