A Few Belly Leaks 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Madbobcater743

Not sure how to investigate further.  photo 20160127_093319.jpg Ran the machine for a few hours during the storm. She held up well except for a flat tire.  photo 20160127_093323.jpg But noticed these after checking fluid levels today.  photo 20160127_093311.jpg Really appreciate all the help I have gotten here. Not sure what/how to investigate now.

SkidRoe

Leaks are a pain in the butt. If I have no clue where they are coming from, I usually start by washing out the inside of the machine with engine degreaser, flowed by the high pressure washer hooked to a hot water source. Once it is clean and dry, now comes the waiting game, waiting for it to drip and the leak to show itself.
In my case, most of my leaks have come from hoses that are past their prime. For the ones in the belly of the beast, I finally broke down, pulled the engine and the pump group and replaced every last one of them.
Probably not the answer you are looking for....
Cheers - SR

mmsllc

Leaks are a pain in the butt. If I have no clue where they are coming from, I usually start by washing out the inside of the machine with engine degreaser, flowed by the high pressure washer hooked to a hot water source. Once it is clean and dry, now comes the waiting game, waiting for it to drip and the leak to show itself.
In my case, most of my leaks have come from hoses that are past their prime. For the ones in the belly of the beast, I finally broke down, pulled the engine and the pump group and replaced every last one of them.
Probably not the answer you are looking for....
Cheers - SR
He's right on. You can also spray down the loader valve with a couple cans of brake clean. Then, blow it dry with compressed air. Then, just start her up. If she is leaking bad enough, you should be able to trace her down pretty quickly. Just look for areas that are wetter than others. I'm GUESSING that it will be that loader valve needing new seals. Just keep full of hydraulic fluid & put a pan under her to catch the "leaky-ness" / mess!

Bobcatdan

He's right on. You can also spray down the loader valve with a couple cans of brake clean. Then, blow it dry with compressed air. Then, just start her up. If she is leaking bad enough, you should be able to trace her down pretty quickly. Just look for areas that are wetter than others. I'm GUESSING that it will be that loader valve needing new seals. Just keep full of hydraulic fluid & put a pan under her to catch the "leaky-ness" / mess!
Could be anything. With where you are pointing, open the back door. Look at the timelines that run under the engine by the the flywheel. They run along the floor. Crap like rocks find their way there and rub holes threw the timeline. If that's the case, cut out the old line and run a hose. Your control vavle is also in that general area.

lesgawlik

Could be anything. With where you are pointing, open the back door. Look at the timelines that run under the engine by the the flywheel. They run along the floor. Crap like rocks find their way there and rub holes threw the timeline. If that's the case, cut out the old line and run a hose. Your control vavle is also in that general area.
UV LEDs are dirt cheap, and the tracer dye is, too. Before I turned a wrench, I'd dump some fluid-compatible dye into the take, run it up and look for fluorescence.

Tazza

Staff member
That should have been "tank".
There are a few things back there, but as already stated, it could be anywhere and it just flows to that point.
You have the rear seal on the hydrostatic pump, that connects to the engine.
It could be the hydraulic control block or the hose that loops up from the base of the valve to the port block.
As already mentioned, flip the cab up and get in there with degreaser and even a pressure washer. You will then have a chance to find where it's coming from.

7LBSSMALLIE

There are a few things back there, but as already stated, it could be anywhere and it just flows to that point.
You have the rear seal on the hydrostatic pump, that connects to the engine.
It could be the hydraulic control block or the hose that loops up from the base of the valve to the port block.
As already mentioned, flip the cab up and get in there with degreaser and even a pressure washer. You will then have a chance to find where it's coming from.
you busted a chain. it wrapped up on sprocket.