A/C ? on 2004 S300.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LCCorp111

I have a 2004 S300 w/ Gold Package. The A/C system went flat. In the service manual they said to replace the filter/dryer and add 1 oz. of PAG oil. I went to my local NAPA and they have 5 versions of PAG oil for R134 systems. They carry PAG 46 viscosity, PAG 100 viscosity, PAG 150 viscosity, RL488 Hi viscosity and RL244 Low viscosity. And can you guess what my question is!? Yep, which oil?

thetool

I use PAG 100. You should not have to replace your receiver drier unless your system was exposed to atmosphere, like you had a blown hose and let it remain open like that for more than a day or so, less if it's very humid.
If you had a slow leak-out(in my experience, most often) and you still had some cooloant, just not enough to work the system, there really is no need to replace the receiver/drier, IMO.
I most often find the slow leak-outs due to valve-stem cores needing a cinch-up. I have seen a lot of this, I wonder if it is from vibration. The Bobcat A/C system seems to need some more thought, like it is good for on-road applications.....
For my info, I would like to know where your leak came from.....
Thanks

Latest posts