975 NO GO

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DMPETE

I bought an old 975 that would move both forward and back for a minute or two and then stop. I replaced the filters and brought up the fuid levels and it did not help. Now it will not move at all, left, right, forward or back but the bucket will still raise and lower. What am I looking at here?

thetool

Not much of a Bobcat person but it sounds like a solenoid sticking
Had to look at a manual. You have a transmission that has mountings for two hydrostatic pumps and your hydraulic pump. The hydrostatic pumps have separate charge pumps attached. Depending on ser.no, you have 1 or 2 filters. According to the manual, if the filters clog, no oil gets to the hydros.
It also mentions a screen at the suction side of the tank, and that can cause no drive, but it also slows down your hydraulics.
Your hydrostatic motors are attached to final drives that have clutches and brakes.
You're not the same guy who posted a while back about whether you should buy this smokin' deal 975, are you?......=).
There are a lot of things that can go wrong here. I suggest getting a manual, very first thing, unless you can hook up with an expert.
Good Luck.

OP
OP
D

DMPETE

Had to look at a manual. You have a transmission that has mountings for two hydrostatic pumps and your hydraulic pump. The hydrostatic pumps have separate charge pumps attached. Depending on ser.no, you have 1 or 2 filters. According to the manual, if the filters clog, no oil gets to the hydros.
It also mentions a screen at the suction side of the tank, and that can cause no drive, but it also slows down your hydraulics.
Your hydrostatic motors are attached to final drives that have clutches and brakes.
You're not the same guy who posted a while back about whether you should buy this smokin' deal 975, are you?......=).
There are a lot of things that can go wrong here. I suggest getting a manual, very first thing, unless you can hook up with an expert.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the info. No, That was not me, got this one from my cousin when he could not make it go.

Latest posts