90's 610 Clark Bobcat Left Side Won't Drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rbresina

My father was using his 90's 610 Clark Bobcat for snow removal last night and it was working just fine when he put it away. Then this morning when he went to finish the driveway the left side lever/joystick was stiff and there was no drive on the left side. The tires are not hung up they just do not have drive but you can spin them freely. The right side still works just fine you can make the bobcat spin in a circle if you wanted. I also had him check the hydraulic levels and it was full to the correct level. Anyone have any suggestions on what this could possibly be?

Thank You,
~Rebecca~

brdgbldr

My father was using his 90's 610 Clark Bobcat for snow removal last night and it was working just fine when he put it away. Then this morning when he went to finish the driveway the left side lever/joystick was stiff and there was no drive on the left side. The tires are not hung up they just do not have drive but you can spin them freely. The right side still works just fine you can make the bobcat spin in a circle if you wanted. I also had him check the hydraulic levels and it was full to the correct level. Anyone have any suggestions on what this could possibly be?

Thank You,
~Rebecca~
The older machine drive trains are actually much more complicated then the newer machines. More mechanical parts that could go bad. Even the linkage is very complicated.

The problem could be any number of things. Maybe if you give more details, if you have any, like if it makes a sound or bogs down the engine when trying to engage the left side.

Here is a link to the Bobcat parts page. It shows the schematics for the drive train. It may help to give you a picture of what could be going on. Just enter the serial or model number and then look at the drive train section.