8875 boom lockout

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mattoehler

So I have been having an intermittent boom lockout on my 97 8875. I think it may be the hydraulic pressure switch? I have looked online and have found other people that have had this problem but no definitive answer. has anyone else had and solved this problem?? Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Mattoehler

So here's how I solved it. The number one rule of any type of mechanics, check the simple easy things first. I pulled the cover that protects the hydraulic control valves. There is a solenoid with two wires going to it that is the lockout solenoid. I wiggled the wires around and could hear the solenoid actuating. I pulled the connector apart and it was all dirty, cleaned it up, and plugged it back together, and voila! Everything works as it should. The next test I was going to do was hook up a 12V battery to the solenoid to see if it was working but i didn't have to go that far. If any every has any questions about this issue let me know. I did plenty of research on it and even though I didn't have to fix anything other than a loose connection I am more than happy to help trouble shoot.

Tazza

Staff member
So here's how I solved it. The number one rule of any type of mechanics, check the simple easy things first. I pulled the cover that protects the hydraulic control valves. There is a solenoid with two wires going to it that is the lockout solenoid. I wiggled the wires around and could hear the solenoid actuating. I pulled the connector apart and it was all dirty, cleaned it up, and plugged it back together, and voila! Everything works as it should. The next test I was going to do was hook up a 12V battery to the solenoid to see if it was working but i didn't have to go that far. If any every has any questions about this issue let me know. I did plenty of research on it and even though I didn't have to fix anything other than a loose connection I am more than happy to help trouble shoot.
Nice job finding the bad connection, you were really lucky, it could have been anywhere from the solenoid to the computer box. At least you worked out where to start
Thanks for giving the update.