883 Hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

daventree98

I have a 883 and the aux only works one way. I have tested the coils and switched the stems it did nothing. So i removed the spool caps and made sure the spool was moving freely and checked it for damage, i also inspected the springs all good. I have replaced the couplers so i know its not that. The attachment is a grapple bucket and it works fine on my other machines so i know its not that. the grapples will go down put not up. when i go to go up the motor dogs down. Any help would be great. Thanks

Fishfiles

quick coupler on the machine from what you say , if it works fine in one direction and bogs the engine in the other direction then all the switches and coils are working and oil is restricted in one direction

OP
OP
D

daventree98

quick coupler on the machine from what you say , if it works fine in one direction and bogs the engine in the other direction then all the switches and coils are working and oil is restricted in one direction
i replaced the couplers with brand new ones. I dont have a diagram of the system so i can start checking for problems.

frogfarmer

i replaced the couplers with brand new ones. I dont have a diagram of the system so i can start checking for problems.
Could be A failed hose. Hoses flex at the boom joints everytime it goes up and down. Stress can cause internal failure and act like a one way valve. Have seen this before on rare occasion. Problem may change with boom location. With boom up the system may work fine due to less bend in the hoses. Given you have checked most things this is just a place to look.