873 broken axles

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dfb4408

What could be causing broken axles on 873? First one broke when we had tracks on but last two no tracks. Always back right. First replacement lasted 8 months 2nd lasted 5 months. New bearings both times There are spacers on, breaks where seal goes.

Tazza

Staff member
There is nothing i can think of to cause that, i have never heard of someone breaking multiple axles on a machine...

Bswwood

The early 873 used a lighter axle set up and its a common problem. Check axle shaft end play, remove spacers, and do not run solids, remove rear counter weight if equipped, is about all the advice I can give.

OP
OP
D

dfb4408

The early 873 used a lighter axle set up and its a common problem. Check axle shaft end play, remove spacers, and do not run solids, remove rear counter weight if equipped, is about all the advice I can give.
Thanks for reply don,t like what you said but think you are right.will probably take out spacers but leave weights for now. spacers sure make SS more stable.

bbumga01

Can you replace an older 873 axle with the single large hub bolt with a later model 873 axle with the 3 smaller hub bolts?

Homeap

You could call Rodney Snyder, he has a Bobcat Salvage yard in southern Illinois. His phone number 618–319–0291