873 Aux Hyd

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kevpetty

Trying to get my continuous flow working on my 1998 873f ohmed out both coils on valve they are at 4.0 ohms. Checked operation of r/h upper switch for cont flow seems to be working fine. I get no lights at all on indicator I get directional flow with paddle on stick but it will not set detent to flow continuous to rum my brush cutter. Any help much appreciated Thanks in advance

Bswwood

The trigger on front of handle is for continuous flow. When you say you're getting no lights, is that the lights on the upper right-hand dash? You should press the auxiliary button on the upper right dash twice for continuous flow and then pull your trigger.

OP
OP
K

kevpetty

The trigger on front of handle is for continuous flow. When you say you're getting no lights, is that the lights on the upper right-hand dash? You should press the auxiliary button on the upper right dash twice for continuous flow and then pull your trigger.
I've tried every sequence to make it work nothing happens no lights, no flashing lights no nothing tried just pushing button twice, holding trigger pushing button nothing is happening to make it work in cont mode.

Bswwood

I've tried every sequence to make it work nothing happens no lights, no flashing lights no nothing tried just pushing button twice, holding trigger pushing button nothing is happening to make it work in cont mode.
Definitely needs a little more troubleshooting but I'm leaning toward auxiliary controller. Not sure why you don't have any lights, does the paddle switch work without pressing the switch on the upper right panel? Do a continuity check on the trigger wires themselves and make sure the trigger is activating. Inspect the wiring to the auxiliary controller, and I believe you have a fuse in the rear of the machine to the right of the engine for the auxiliary controller itself.

OP
OP
K

kevpetty

Definitely needs a little more troubleshooting but I'm leaning toward auxiliary controller. Not sure why you don't have any lights, does the paddle switch work without pressing the switch on the upper right panel? Do a continuity check on the trigger wires themselves and make sure the trigger is activating. Inspect the wiring to the auxiliary controller, and I believe you have a fuse in the rear of the machine to the right of the engine for the auxiliary controller itself.
paddle switch works without pressing button has directional control. Where is the aux controller located ? I have check all the fuses in the rear right eng compartment all fuses good.

Bswwood

paddle switch works without pressing button has directional control. Where is the aux controller located ? I have check all the fuses in the rear right eng compartment all fuses good.
The auxiliary controller is located on the left side frame, if I remember correctly you have to raise the cab and laying over the rail and follow your wiring to the controller. I'm just taking a guess at your serial number but that's where it should be. Go to Bobcatpartsonline.com put in your serial number and go to the electrical and you will see exactly what it looks like and where it's located

OP
OP
K

kevpetty

The auxiliary controller is located on the left side frame, if I remember correctly you have to raise the cab and laying over the rail and follow your wiring to the controller. I'm just taking a guess at your serial number but that's where it should be. Go to Bobcatpartsonline.com put in your serial number and go to the electrical and you will see exactly what it looks like and where it's located
got a quote for 1500 dollars on one any salvage yards that you know of that might have one?

Bswwood

got a quote for 1500 dollars on one any salvage yards that you know of that might have one?
That sounds way high, what is the part # you got a quote for? I'll need the serial number to be able to reference correct controller.

Bswwood

Looks like I need a controller I've looked all over for it and only found a bypassed harness was hoping you might be able to hook up guy up with the pigtails also?
It would be tough to find the pigtails, however the harness is only a little over $200 and the controller is about $1,000 so tax and shipping everything you should be under $1,500.