863G machine not starting. Fuel shut off solenoid not getting power.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Vintagecarlover

New to me 863G bobcat skidsteer not getting fuel so I wired in a 12 suction type fuel pump that brings fuel up to fuel shut off solenoid and stops there. I removed solenoid and jumped it out and it operates as it should when it has 12 volts to it. I've checked all fuses and swapped around known good relays but still not getting power to solenoid. Can anyone help with what fuses or relays control the circuit for shut off solenoid? Fuses and relays appear clean and show power with a test light...any help is appreciated. Thank you for all your help.
I'd rather not jump out solenoid if I don't have to.

brdgbldr

Make sure you are getting the full 12 volts to the solenoid. Your test light will come on with low Voltage.

I hate electrical problems.

foton

you could wire in a fused switch to the fuel relay to give it power. If you can not find defect in key switch or wiring harness or other electrical related parts.

OP
OP
V

Vintagecarlover

Yes, I ordered the connectors for harness today. I'll also try and find a schematics drawing too. I guess it could be in the key switch?

I'd rather keep it factory but non running sucks.

TonyCT322

I had intermittent shutdown on my John Deere CT322. Took the dealer three days of leaving the machine running to replicate the problem. It was a failing, but still working fuel solenoid. Definitely look for wiring diagram. Mine required multiple sensors to register before it would power (key switch, parking brake, seat switch, seat belt switch and door switch as I recall). The good news it is cheap and easy to replace. Good luck, wiring can be a nightmare. Especially if it is a bad ground somewhere. Sorry I can't help more.

Blue Rock Mak

I have not worked on skid steers much but based on automotive experience my guesses would be fuses, switch, wiring, safety devices (tip over switch/sensor maybe?), or computer disability due to missing inputs. At this point, a schematic could quickly become your best friend. Good luck !