863 Very Slow Raising The Bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Greg19

I have an 863 with 2,100 hours that's started raising the bucket really slow. When I looked at the service manual it listed quite a few items to check, but having never really worked on a Bobcat before I am a little lost. With or without rocks in the bucket it raises at the same speed. It will lift a 500 lb rock really high up, but just really slow. The bucket with a load does not drop if you leave it up in the air for a couple minutes. If I move the joystick that tilts the bucket, the speed to raise the bucket increases a little. The Tilt works and appears very strong with no issues. Last time I adjusted (tightened) the Joystick cable where it attached to the Hydraulic Control Valve (I believe that is the name of the part) and it pulled the cylinder out farther. It did help it lift a little quicker. What would be the easiest to check first? Also Can adjusting the Cable too much cause a problem with the cylinder coming out too far causing more problems? Last not being familiar with working on a Bobcat how do you release the hydraulic pressure and confirm there is no pressure? Thank you Greg

bobbie-g

Did you mean 853? I thought the 863's all had foot pedals for lift and tilt. :) ---Bobbie-G