863 steering problem?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

larry44

I have a 98 863 that I just bought, it seems you have to push the levers forward a few inches before it will move, the same way if you want to go backwards, both sides act the same, dont seem to be any slop in the linkage, the lift and bucket are very responsive, I have used a lot of bobcats and they seem to respond as soon as you push on the levers,any idea what it might be. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Don't quote me on this, but from what i have read on here over the years is that these machines somethines have actuators that have lag or extra play. It could be something as simple as that. Ensure the linkages on your pumps are tight too, they can wear and give you lag.

OP
OP
L

larry44

Don't quote me on this, but from what i have read on here over the years is that these machines somethines have actuators that have lag or extra play. It could be something as simple as that. Ensure the linkages on your pumps are tight too, they can wear and give you lag.
the linkages are tight when you move the hand levers the ones on the pump move with no play,is there any adjustment on the actuators is that a part that wears out?

Tazza

Staff member
the linkages are tight when you move the hand levers the ones on the pump move with no play,is there any adjustment on the actuators is that a part that wears out?
If it has actuators, its just how they operate i'm afraid, there is no adjustment for them.... Like i said, i don't own one and going from what i have read on the forum over the years, so i could be totally wrong....