863 pump bolt broke off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

larry44

I found a bolt that had been snaped off in the bottom of my 98 863 when I was cleaning out the oil and dirt under the cab I traced it to the hyd pump assy that attaches it to the frame,right side,it looks like the only one that hold that side,the hole in the frame is kind of a ovel shape looks like it is made that way, got the broken bolt out by welding an extention on a drill bit and an easyout, going through the right side cover, when I put a new bolt in and tightened it up the plate between the pump and pump assy drips oil, take the bolt out and it stops dripping,looks like its held on by 4 torque bit bolts cant check if these bolts are loose unless take pump off, or is there suppose to be a thin shim between pump assy and frame.

Tazza

Staff member
So when you pull the bolt down, it twists the pump and makes it leak? I wonder if the bolts holding your pump together may be a little loose? allowing it to leak when pulled down... Just an idea though.

OP
OP
L

larry44

So when you pull the bolt down, it twists the pump and makes it leak? I wonder if the bolts holding your pump together may be a little loose? allowing it to leak when pulled down... Just an idea though.
on the left where the pump is attached to the frame drive belt side, is it bolted solid or does it have rubber mounts so the pump has some movement when I tighten up the right side

Fishfiles

on the left where the pump is attached to the frame drive belt side, is it bolted solid or does it have rubber mounts so the pump has some movement when I tighten up the right side
I have seen that bolt out of a lot of machines of all models , I have put them back and never experienced a leak there , my first thought is that the bolt is some how expanding the metal which it screws into and opening a crack that is letting it leak -- the gear pump on the end of the sunstrand is notorious for cracking the housing thru the threads where the fitting screws into the pump , which is right close to where your working ---or it is really leaking some place else and when the bolt is in and the bracket is firmly against the pump the oil is migrating down the bracket