863 engine "stuck".

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

koko

Used my 863, with Deutz, the other day but had to boost the low battery. After working for about an hour I parked in shop & shut down. I turned on the starter key just to momentarily to see if battery had charged by engaging the starter, all OK. Next morning went to start but the starter only engaged & did not turn over engine. I replaced battery with a good one and tried starting, it did the same. I replaced starter with a brand new one taken out of my other machine & still the same. Almost like the engine is "hydro locked".
I haven't had time to work at it, but looking for opinions. Firstly I'm going to remove the timing belt covers & check the timing. Does anyone think that by me just momentarily kicking in the starter that the timing belt pulleys may have been loose enough that they slipped on the shaft? They are only a pressure fit & not keyed to the shafts.
I will know more by the end of the day.

SkidRoe

You may want to remove the injectors or glow plugs (if fitted, can't remember it that is a thing on a Duetz). From here on out, only attempt to turn the engine by hand, not with the starter.

Hoping for the best on this end!!