863 Bucket Arms slow to raise, Tilt is fine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Greg19

Everything has been working fine for the last couple weeks, then I started it the other day and the bucket arms are very slow to raise. The bucket tilts fine. It did get low on fluid and I refilled it. I think when I went to start it the other day I accidentally turned the key to the left prior to starting and then pressed buttons on the joysticks when the arms were slow to raise. Can't remember if I pressed the AUX button. Could this have something to do with it? I have ordered a manual, but have not received it yet. I just inherited this with a business I bought Did I accidentally do something to cause it? Any suggestions? Thank you Greg

Tazza

Staff member
I was thinking that your aux hydraulics sounds like it's stuck on causing the issue, does the engine sound like it's bogging down or a whistel of the fluid going over the relief valve?

OP
OP
G

Greg19

I was thinking that your aux hydraulics sounds like it's stuck on causing the issue, does the engine sound like it's bogging down or a whistel of the fluid going over the relief valve?
I think the cable on the joystick needs adjusting. Has a lot of travel to bring the bucket down, but very little to bring it up. I am going to try adjusting it

Tazza

Staff member
I think the cable on the joystick needs adjusting. Has a lot of travel to bring the bucket down, but very little to bring it up. I am going to try adjusting it
That is a good place to start, if there are any rubber and steel bushings along the way, they may need replacing too, the rubber does fall apart, giving lots of excess play.