853 EC code won't clear won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hmwx853

RE: 853 with BOSS. I am receiving an EC 2.1 (engine coolnat temp warning) error code that will not clear and seems to prevent it from restarting. I thought I remembered disconnecting the battery and relays would reset. But that doesn't seem to help. I've tried bridging the sensor as well but I get an EC 3 sensor missing error and EC 4 wiring short code. Sounds like a bad relay and/or sensor or BOSS any way to tell? would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I found a BOSS system, even with an *critical error* code still re-started, but proceeded to shut down after the 30 or so second limit. Shorting the sensor out won't work, as you noticed the EC4 and removing it you get EC3. Hopefully its just a bad sender.
Sorry i can't be of more help, never had that problem on an 853, only a 753 and i replaced the sender, its all happy now.

OldMachinist

I found a BOSS system, even with an *critical error* code still re-started, but proceeded to shut down after the 30 or so second limit. Shorting the sensor out won't work, as you noticed the EC4 and removing it you get EC3. Hopefully its just a bad sender.
Sorry i can't be of more help, never had that problem on an 853, only a 753 and i replaced the sender, its all happy now.
Check the tempurature sender with a ohmmeter 70F, 970ohms 80F, 1013 ohms. Also check to make sure you have a good 12+ volts from the battery low voltage makes act Boss system eratic.

skidsteer.ca

Check the tempurature sender with a ohmmeter 70F, 970ohms 80F, 1013 ohms. Also check to make sure you have a good 12+ volts from the battery low voltage makes act Boss system eratic.
Also check all your ground wires to frameas you can get low voltage from a poor ground. It should restart and run 30 secounds at a time even with a shutdown code.
Ken

OP
OP
H

hmwx853

Also check all your ground wires to frameas you can get low voltage from a poor ground. It should restart and run 30 secounds at a time even with a shutdown code.
Ken
Thanks for the quick replies and ohm readings ...everything checked out fine. The shop suggested to check for 12 volts to the fuel shut off solinoid with the key turned to start and jump direct to the battery if under 12v ... didn't help either. Turned out to be a relay. I was pulling what hair I have left when my wife sugessted to google it and she found this site. Looks like a great resource. Thanks again