853 Cab + Heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

It took me a while to get these up but here goes. I picked up these NH 150 door and frame with latch for 100.00 apiece. It took alittle work to fit the bobcat cab but it can be done. Have @ 24 hours in complete install.
The belt guard and air filter assembly is removed for access.
IMG_0520.JPG

I tapped a 3/8 npt hole in the thermostat housing and installed this brass fitting. There is a devider wall inside this housing so the hole must either be next to the head or on the left side. not in the middle

IMG_0521.JPG

Bypass hose is where the coolant circulates back to the bottom of the block when the thermostat is closed. My cold return from heater T's into this hose with the restrictor in next photo

IMG_0522.JPG

The nipple by my thumb is the line coming back from the heater core. The large hole by my finger goes towards the block. The unseen end of this T has a 3/8" hole that goes towards the thermostat housing
IMG_0526.JPG

Return from heater is the one pointing up, RS is bypass hose back to block at the lower part of engine, LS is the 3/8" restrictor towards thermostat
IMG_0528.JPG

This door was made for a NH ls 160 and was shortend at the bottom to work on the bobcat
IMG_0541.JPG

Original door from 150
IMG_0544.JPG

This flame had to be shortend to match the new door and trimmed extra material off so it was flat on the back side to bolt tight against the cab. Also all extra width had to be removed to squeeze the door onto the cab front.
IMG_0545.JPG

I did not want to do this but the operators RH grab handle on the outside of the cab had to be removed to clear the width of the door.
IMG_0546.JPG

This 12000 btu heater unit is about 7" cubed. Whick is a tight squeeze beside the seat. The heater core faces the side od the cab and I made a hole for it to draw fresh air in 6" by 6". The side against the seat holds the fan. I cut that wall out and flipped it over because the fan was hels by a concave cup in the center. No the center is convex, but I was able to move the entire wall of the heater cabinet 1" closer to the cab side, making clearance for the seat to slide.
IMG_0549.JPG

Side widows are just lexan fastened with bolts around the perimeter and a wire tie front and rear side of each window, about 1/2 way up around one bar in the side screen of the cab.
In the summer the door, frame and side windows can be removed in about 15 minutes
IMG_0551.JPG

Ken

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

Should read
"This 12000 btu heater unit is about 7" cubed. Whick is a tight squeeze beside the seat. The heater core faces the side of the cab and I made a hole for it to draw fresh air in. 6" by 6".
The side against the seat holds the fan. I cut that wall out and flipped it over because the fan was held by a concave cup in the center. Now the center is convex, but I was able to move the entire wall of the heater cabinet 1" closer to the cab side, making clearance for the seat to slide."
Someday I may learn to type
Ken

charger

Should read
"This 12000 btu heater unit is about 7" cubed. Whick is a tight squeeze beside the seat. The heater core faces the side of the cab and I made a hole for it to draw fresh air in. 6" by 6".
The side against the seat holds the fan. I cut that wall out and flipped it over because the fan was held by a concave cup in the center. Now the center is convex, but I was able to move the entire wall of the heater cabinet 1" closer to the cab side, making clearance for the seat to slide."
Someday I may learn to type
Ken
NICE JOB,LOOKS GOOD!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Wow!!! Great job, that was a lot of work and engineering.
Geez ken, i don't know if i'd be game to do that!!!
Looks pretty darn good though.
Its good that it never gets below 0 degrees C here, but i'd love to setup AC but i know that will never happen.
Will you need to add a wiper to the front? or are they still ok when there are water droplets on it? Or is there one on there that i can't see?

farmboy55

Geez ken, i don't know if i'd be game to do that!!!
Looks pretty darn good though.
Its good that it never gets below 0 degrees C here, but i'd love to setup AC but i know that will never happen.
Will you need to add a wiper to the front? or are they still ok when there are water droplets on it? Or is there one on there that i can't see?
good looking job tazza (pardon my typing, as of tue. i became a 1 arm man, for a while rotator surgry and ofcouse it my right one and im right handed) so when can you start on my 853 ? i need paint job, heater, dvd. i noticed you hv thr backhoe bracket's. will it wrk with the dr frame. it is a good looking job on the door and a well kept 853. dennis