843B project

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

budtoh3zo

Well i finally tracked down a long block for her. I got the old motor pulled and started pulling the parts off that i have to swap over. So far everything has gone well. The old motor kinda has me stumped what happened to it. The cam broke and got pushed threw the block but all the con rods are still ok so not sure what caused the cam to break in the first place. The PO swapped the motor out to a gen set spec motor so thats what i am getting back in her. I got all the lights working while i been searching for a motor so once its here i will be looking good. I am also changing the y joint and yoke while i have the motor out.

Tazza

Staff member
Glad you are making progress. I guess it could be a few different things, crack from when it was made, lack of lubrication causing it to grab and snap, just one of those things i guess.

OP
OP
budtoh3zo

budtoh3zo

Glad you are making progress. I guess it could be a few different things, crack from when it was made, lack of lubrication causing it to grab and snap, just one of those things i guess.
yup it is. getting excited to here it run on all 4 cyl. When i bought it it was broke and ran on only 2 cyl. Have a few projects in mind to tackle once i get her running.

donald73d

yup it is. getting excited to here it run on all 4 cyl. When i bought it it was broke and ran on only 2 cyl. Have a few projects in mind to tackle once i get her running.
I am curious at to the cost of a long block? Isuzu engine?

OP
OP
budtoh3zo

budtoh3zo

Thats a lot to put into a 843. Glad my 843 has no engine problems.
Yes it is but I got it cheap due to the motor being blown, It had a lot of money put in it before I got it. All new pins and bushings, new hydro pump. so I kinda thought to myself at least I know were I will be just about be new for me and should last me 20 years. I was hoping to find a used motor but just couldn't track one down up here.

OP
OP
budtoh3zo

budtoh3zo

Yes it is but I got it cheap due to the motor being blown, It had a lot of money put in it before I got it. All new pins and bushings, new hydro pump. so I kinda thought to myself at least I know were I will be just about be new for me and should last me 20 years. I was hoping to find a used motor but just couldn't track one down up here.
Well it was a long time coming but motors in! Fired up first try after priming oil and fuel. Let it run for 30 min and finally got her inside to thaw out. What kind of hydraulic oil does she take its a little low.

frogfarmer

Well it was a long time coming but motors in! Fired up first try after priming oil and fuel. Let it run for 30 min and finally got her inside to thaw out. What kind of hydraulic oil does she take its a little low.
Bobcat recommends their "Gold" hystat fluid and it does have some very good additives. Mine runs 15w40 year round and is the smoothest it has ever run. I have tried the 10w30 and it worked well but just wasn't as smooth. I have the motor oil by the drum so that's what it gets. It does make it a little slower to crank in the very cold weather but all my machines stay inside where they can be heated. On a side note these units do have geroler drive motors and when Case went to this design they recommended the HTO additive. Personally I am pleased with the engine oil. Don't run ATF or reg hydraulic oil it just doesn't have what it needs in these machines.

Latest posts