843B Oil Drain Hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BobF

Somebody please tell me there is a way to change this hose without removing the engine. I don't see how, but I'm hoping ...
Mine is cracked and leaking, so it needs to be replaced.

ajwgator

On my 843 the hose connects to a fitting threaded into the drain port of the oil pan. The hose has a B-nut on both ends, one plugged and other connected to that fitting. Not sure if your 843B is different or not but you should be able to loosen the B-nut at that fitting and remove the hose without any problems (after draining oil first). My engine is the Perkins model. Yours may not be.

OP
OP
B

BobF

On my 843 the hose connects to a fitting threaded into the drain port of the oil pan. The hose has a B-nut on both ends, one plugged and other connected to that fitting. Not sure if your 843B is different or not but you should be able to loosen the B-nut at that fitting and remove the hose without any problems (after draining oil first). My engine is the Perkins model. Yours may not be.
Thanks for the reply. Mine has the Isuzu plant. There just isn't a lot of room to get to the bottom of the pan. I was hoping somebody here knew some 'trick' to gain access without having to lift the engine.

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the reply. Mine has the Isuzu plant. There just isn't a lot of room to get to the bottom of the pan. I was hoping somebody here knew some 'trick' to gain access without having to lift the engine.
No trick, but if you just undo the 2 rear motor mounts you may be able to lift it enough to get the hose off, without disconecting everything else. Worth a try.
Ken