843 Right drive weak compared to Left drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JohnA1234

Hi, Does anyone know if this is a serious problem? I do not have a manual and I am in Costa Rica where service is doubtful... Is there any adjustment to linkage? Or would it be a weak motor on that side? Thanks for any help you might give me!!

Tazza

Staff member
It could be a weak motor, or the seals are damaged. It could also be a pump problem for that side. Is it weak forward and reverse?

OP
OP
J

JohnA1234

It could be a weak motor, or the seals are damaged. It could also be a pump problem for that side. Is it weak forward and reverse?
Hi, Thanks for the reply. No, it only seems to be in forward. You can run the Right lever substantially ahead of the Left and work and run at cruising speed. I have used Internationals for years and they have 3 pumps, does the Bobcat still use 1 pump? Thanks again! John

Tazza

Staff member
Hi, Thanks for the reply. No, it only seems to be in forward. You can run the Right lever substantially ahead of the Left and work and run at cruising speed. I have used Internationals for years and they have 3 pumps, does the Bobcat still use 1 pump? Thanks again! John
It may be an adjustment then, i don't know the procedure for an 843 though.
Yes, it has 3 pumps, i think all current skid steers do. One for left, one for right and one for the hydraulics/charge pump. Most are connected together to make one unit, but the 843 i believe had separate drive pumps. Some hi flow machines have a 4th, but that doesn't count :)

OP
OP
J

JohnA1234

It may be an adjustment then, i don't know the procedure for an 843 though.
Yes, it has 3 pumps, i think all current skid steers do. One for left, one for right and one for the hydraulics/charge pump. Most are connected together to make one unit, but the 843 i believe had separate drive pumps. Some hi flow machines have a 4th, but that doesn't count :)
Thanks! I have been reading trough many posts and it seems to be an adjustment. I will give that a try. Thanks Again!!

mrfixitpaul

Thanks! I have been reading trough many posts and it seems to be an adjustment. I will give that a try. Thanks Again!!
They made the 843 2 different ways...one used linkages straight to the pumps, the other used hydraulic 'servos' to transfer the drive lever movement to the pumps. In either case you need to check for loose or worn parts. let me know what pump system is on yours and mabye I can help adjust.