843 hydraulic issues?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thrsxs

When I lift the bucket on my 843 up the bucket itself tilts forward. I have this far replaced the control valve and both of the lift cylinders. At this point im clueless. If anyone has advice or is capable of fixing it I would love to hear from you. I am in central new jersey. Any help would be appreciated and if you are capable of fixing it I would be willing to compensate you for your time (obviously). Please reply here or give me a call at 908 616 5233. Thanks, -Tim

Bobcatdan

Did you just buy this? Sounds like it has bucket postioning on it which that would be normal operation. This option makes the bucket stay level when lifting. On the older machines this function can not be turned off, newer units it is selectable.

Bobcatdan

Did you just buy this? Sounds like it has bucket postioning on it which that would be normal operation. This option makes the bucket stay level when lifting. On the older machines this function can not be turned off, newer units it is selectable.
Does tilt work or is it just flopping? If tilt doesn't work, the cylinder rod most likely broke back by the piston. The bucket can't curl far enough for the rod to pull out if it breaks that far back.

OP
OP
T

thrsxs

This machine is at least 20 years old. The bucket is doing this without any load on it. I am posting for my boss, they have had the bobcat for at least 15 years. It is definitely not staying level and it doesn't seem like there are any electronics in it. So essentially the problem is it tilts forward while it lifts, but mind you if it is on the ground I can lift the whole front of the machine up so power doesn't seem to be the problem. Sorry if this is confusing, I've never had to troubleshoot a bobcat

OP
OP
T

thrsxs

This machine is at least 20 years old. The bucket is doing this without any load on it. I am posting for my boss, they have had the bobcat for at least 15 years. It is definitely not staying level and it doesn't seem like there are any electronics in it. So essentially the problem is it tilts forward while it lifts, but mind you if it is on the ground I can lift the whole front of the machine up so power doesn't seem to be the problem. Sorry if this is confusing, I've never had to troubleshoot a bobcat
Also it doesn't appear to have any leaks

Bobcatdan

Also it doesn't appear to have any leaks
If you curl the bucket back, does it stay or settle down? With it's age, it may settle a bit, but it should stay up for a while. what if you pick the front of the machine off the ground, can it keep the front up? the tilt cylinder may need to be resealed. The older units with the single cylinder, it some what common the rod is bent. Bucket postion vavles on the something like a 843 did not have an electronic, just simple vavling.

7LBSSMALLIE

If you curl the bucket back, does it stay or settle down? With it's age, it may settle a bit, but it should stay up for a while. what if you pick the front of the machine off the ground, can it keep the front up? the tilt cylinder may need to be resealed. The older units with the single cylinder, it some what common the rod is bent. Bucket postion vavles on the something like a 843 did not have an electronic, just simple vavling.
as in i did not hear any complaints of bog or lift issues . i hesaite but is aux stuck on?

OP
OP
T

thrsxs

as in i did not hear any complaints of bog or lift issues . i hesaite but is aux stuck on?
So today we resealed the cylinder and still no luck. Does anyone know where the valving to keep the bucket level would be located? Or rather the mechanism that controls that?

Bobcatdan

So today we resealed the cylinder and still no luck. Does anyone know where the valving to keep the bucket level would be located? Or rather the mechanism that controls that?
If it has bucket postioning, the vavle will be under the cab somewhere, I really don't know, maybe in the back. It is a square cast block about 4x4x2 two with hydraulic likes going to it. Has it always done this, or is this a new thing? There is no adjustment to the valve and it can;t be turned on or off.

OP
OP
T

thrsxs

If it has bucket postioning, the vavle will be under the cab somewhere, I really don't know, maybe in the back. It is a square cast block about 4x4x2 two with hydraulic likes going to it. Has it always done this, or is this a new thing? There is no adjustment to the valve and it can;t be turned on or off.
This is an issue that appeared 3 months ago, miraculously went away(for about a week) and then just reappeared. We resealed the cylinder today so I figure the next step will be to examine the hoses for the bucket positioning and replace / check for leaks and what have you. Hopefully it works out. If not I guess ill have to bring it to bobcat

7LBSSMALLIE

This is an issue that appeared 3 months ago, miraculously went away(for about a week) and then just reappeared. We resealed the cylinder today so I figure the next step will be to examine the hoses for the bucket positioning and replace / check for leaks and what have you. Hopefully it works out. If not I guess ill have to bring it to bobcat
dude you been screwing with this for over three months. now into the heart of busy season.the dealer is not the devil, yea we charge, dont you? we are in this together, as a highly trained highly motived tech im insulted but not suprised, i spend my free time time helping others cause i i love what i do. outa pixe dust bring it in, or jack around till winter and try again,

7LBSSMALLIE

dude you been screwing with this for over three months. now into the heart of busy season.the dealer is not the devil, yea we charge, dont you? we are in this together, as a highly trained highly motived tech im insulted but not suprised, i spend my free time time helping others cause i i love what i do. outa pixe dust bring it in, or jack around till winter and try again,
that may have been a little harsh, but i know my field of expertaise, i hire out for concrete or sod . just did,..i am one of those guys who think the library or research can give me the knowledge to fix it, sadly ive been proved wrong time and time again, i aint no carpenter or plumber. can get it done,, but 5 trips to lowes isnt fun

Bobcatdan

that may have been a little harsh, but i know my field of expertaise, i hire out for concrete or sod . just did,..i am one of those guys who think the library or research can give me the knowledge to fix it, sadly ive been proved wrong time and time again, i aint no carpenter or plumber. can get it done,, but 5 trips to lowes isnt fun
You are to a point with everything you have done, you most likly could have taken it to a dealer and been money ahead.

Latest posts