843 Hours

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vaporbiz

How many hours is a 843 good for I found a really nice clean 843 with 7000 hours on it I'm not sure if they are correct or someone just left a key on. Tires have 80% runs good and he wants 5000.00. Any input?

Tazza

Staff member
WOW 7,000 is a LOT of hours.
With that said, if it has been serviced correctly the hydraulics/hydrostatics should be fine. The only concern i would have is the engine, diesels usually do about 6,000 before they start to get hard to start. Another note is if you leave the key on the hour meter will click over happily, even if the engine is not running. Hours are always meant as a guide only.
If it starts easily, smoke clears up quickly after startup and has enough power to spin all 4 wheels if you push into a pile of dirt or push against a large tree. Ensure when you start it the engine is stone cold, put your hand on it to be sure. If the engine is warm you don't get a good idea of its condition.
$5000 to me sounds like a good price.

pondfishr

WOW 7,000 is a LOT of hours.
With that said, if it has been serviced correctly the hydraulics/hydrostatics should be fine. The only concern i would have is the engine, diesels usually do about 6,000 before they start to get hard to start. Another note is if you leave the key on the hour meter will click over happily, even if the engine is not running. Hours are always meant as a guide only.
If it starts easily, smoke clears up quickly after startup and has enough power to spin all 4 wheels if you push into a pile of dirt or push against a large tree. Ensure when you start it the engine is stone cold, put your hand on it to be sure. If the engine is warm you don't get a good idea of its condition.
$5000 to me sounds like a good price.
I would tend to agree. I bought a 743 without an hour meter and it is a good machine but I have had to repair this or that. In my opinion when you buy a considerably used machine you must be prepared to spend maintenance $'s. Compared to a newer machine you will obviously spend more in upkeep but these machines are really tough and will last a long time. With a little money on a used machine you can have a great machine for less. Just be prepared to turn a wrench and buy a part or two. Remember Bobcat really likes their replacement parts so be prepared to shell out some $'s but it will be worth it.

Latest posts