843 electrical issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

grainbindoug

I having a Issue with my hour meter. It is running with the ignition turned off. serial #5037-m-25166. I have looked at the wiring diagram is it possible the hydraulic press sensor is stuck closed. could that cause the issue?

flyerdan

Does the wiring diagram indicate that the hour meter grounds through a pressure switch? If it does, and you remove the wire and it stops, that would indicate that the switch isn't opening like it's supposed to.

mike_s_82

Does the wiring diagram indicate that the hour meter grounds through a pressure switch? If it does, and you remove the wire and it stops, that would indicate that the switch isn't opening like it's supposed to.
So for some reason, I think the power to the hour meter is always hot, and the switch grounds out when there is pressure. As the previous post said, remove the wire to the sensor, if that stops it, that the sensor is probably bad. The same sensor controls the light as well. The other option, is that there is a short to ground. That wire is on the left hand side under the seat, and the wires can be close to the controls if the routing is not right.