7753 overheating

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Firescooby

Temp today was around 75, and after about 30 minutes of running the machine was running hot and acting like a teapot. Let it cool and added about 1 gallon of coolant. Ran for about another 10 minutes and it started creeping up and stopped before it hit hot range. All belts and pulleys are turning. Wondering if y'all think water pump would be the likely culprit? It's cheap enough to just throw one on there. Any ideas to troubleshoot, etc? It's been at repair shop for about 12 of the last 14 weeks due to hydraulic leaks and broken Bobtach plate. Just picked it up today after they replaced just about all the hoses. Thanks

Bswwood

The fan belt is on the left side of the engine and hard to see but if your sure the fan is turning and air is blowing out of the sides of the machine then yes probably water pump and or thermostat.

farmshop

I would really look close at the radiator and make sure it's clean and letting air through. Many times people look at the top and see the oil cooler is clean but don't see the layer of junk between the two. I would also look at the fan belt and the fan itself make sure the blades are all good. I would look at the thermostat before the water pump but if the coolant is out might as well do both. I would also look at air filters. If they are plugged the engine works harder creating more heat

mmsllc

I would really look close at the radiator and make sure it's clean and letting air through. Many times people look at the top and see the oil cooler is clean but don't see the layer of junk between the two. I would also look at the fan belt and the fan itself make sure the blades are all good. I would look at the thermostat before the water pump but if the coolant is out might as well do both. I would also look at air filters. If they are plugged the engine works harder creating more heat
Thermostats are incredibly finicky. I have found that if they aren't kept wet with coolant that they can go a little crazy when they get wet again. I would run the engine for a good little while after replace the thermostat & keep the system topped off. As the other guys have said, if the fan drive belt is broken, loose or missing then there will be no air blowing out of the sides of the machine. That system is typically a simple one to maintain & check out. The drive belt tensioner is extremely common to fail, especially if there is a lot of hours on this machine.