7753 Drive centering

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hybridvigor

I bought this 7753 that was/is a basket case. It had a rear wheel bearings out and was torn apart. I have it back together, but it wants to drive when it starts. My old 743 centered itself when you let go of the controls. Seems like it had some springs that centered it. Am I just out of adjustment or am I missing some parts from the pile that came with it? The fuel lift pump doesn't seem to be working either. I put an electric pump on and it started right up. Is there any trick to making the fuel pump work? Thanks for the help, Rocky

Tazza

Staff member
The lift pump could just be bad, there are two one way valves in it i think. If they get plugged it will not pump correctly.
When the steering wears the adjustment will go out. Even a bad shock absorber (if fitted) will cause issues too. If you have a manual it will show how to adjust the steering.
A manual can be found at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=31fe914bdce0f59019747bd91027d4ddf46528a8107c8e29
OldMachinist was kind enough to upload them for us all.

OP
OP
H

hybridvigor

The lift pump could just be bad, there are two one way valves in it i think. If they get plugged it will not pump correctly.
When the steering wears the adjustment will go out. Even a bad shock absorber (if fitted) will cause issues too. If you have a manual it will show how to adjust the steering.
A manual can be found at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=31fe914bdce0f59019747bd91027d4ddf46528a8107c8e29
OldMachinist was kind enough to upload them for us all.
It runs and drived fine, just wants to drive before I am ready. Is the 7753 the same manual as the 753?

Tazza

Staff member
It looks like I am missing the centering mechanism on top of the pumps. Any idea where to find one without going to the dealer?
Are you sure the 773 manual isn't there?
The centering gear is pretty much the same in the 753 as the 7753. Its really only a plate with steel stops that bolt to it. You may be lucky enough to find one at a wrecker, but not sure where to find a wrecker...

OP
OP
H

hybridvigor

Are you sure the 773 manual isn't there?
The centering gear is pretty much the same in the 753 as the 7753. Its really only a plate with steel stops that bolt to it. You may be lucky enough to find one at a wrecker, but not sure where to find a wrecker...
There is a 773 and a 753 manual. Which one is the same as the 7753? The only junker that I could find was missing that part. I have the parts on order from Bobcat.

Miker67

There is a 773 and a 753 manual. Which one is the same as the 7753? The only junker that I could find was missing that part. I have the parts on order from Bobcat.
There is a burnt out 773 for sale on equipmenttrader dot com. U might be able to work something out with them if you wind up needing other stuff, or you wanna back out from the dealer.

OP
OP
H

hybridvigor

There is a burnt out 773 for sale on equipmenttrader dot com. U might be able to work something out with them if you wind up needing other stuff, or you wanna back out from the dealer.
I talked to them and it is missing the parts that I need. Thanks for looking.