773F interlock-won't release

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MT

So I had my machine on the trailer today but when I tried to unload it, I couldn't get the foot controls to work. I eventually had to detach the bucket and drive off the trailer with with the traction overide. Still can't get the bucket/arm controls to work. I think it may have something to do with the fact that because my snow bucket is wider than the trailer, I had to leave the arm up about 6" to rest the bucket on the trailer sides. The Interlock has been fussy before when the lift arm was not fully relaxed, but it always worked after turning the key from run to stop a couple times. I it possible there is still some pressure in the system that is preventing the Interlock from releasing? How can I get my foot controls working again? Thanks!!

OP
OP
M

MT

On the BICS panel, the traction light is not on. The others are all green.

OP
OP
M

MT

On the BICS panel, the traction light is not on. The others are all green.
Still not able to get the foot controls working after leaving it overnight in a heated garage. The traction control solenoid is within spec when tested with an Ohm meter. I connected a fresh battery with jumper cables to make sure the battery wasn't weak. No change in problem. I checked all the connections that I could find. The were clean and not corroded. The parking brake is off. The parking brake never really held it on slope very well. I don't think this is part of the problem at hand?? Not sure where to go from here. The Bobcat dealer is booked out 4 weeks.

bobbie-g

Still not able to get the foot controls working after leaving it overnight in a heated garage. The traction control solenoid is within spec when tested with an Ohm meter. I connected a fresh battery with jumper cables to make sure the battery wasn't weak. No change in problem. I checked all the connections that I could find. The were clean and not corroded. The parking brake is off. The parking brake never really held it on slope very well. I don't think this is part of the problem at hand?? Not sure where to go from here. The Bobcat dealer is booked out 4 weeks.
First, the "parking brake" mechanism is a plunger that fits into a slotted wheel below your feet. The plunger is either in the slotted wheel or not, so either the four wheels/tires are locked up or not. In the latter case, only the drive motors will be holding the machine from rolling down a slope, and that will allow the machine to creep forever. The foot switch actuates that circuit, same as lifting the lap bar. I had that foot switch go bad one day and not release the brake. I finally got it working OK and have never used it since. I just make sure the machine isn't creeping before I get out. Now, not sure why the traction lock light won't work. Do you have the BICS panel behind your right elbow, or is the traction lock light on the upper left display panel? Also, when the machine is "ready to roll", I _think_ three solenoids have to be active: lift arms, bucket tilt, and traction. They all should activate at once. I've not gone into my machines much in this respect, so I might be off base here. Best I can offer. :) ---Bobbie-G

reaperman

The F series had a seat switch that was trouble from the onset. There was a work around that bobcat did as a warranty upgrade. But not all machines were upgraded by their owners. That may be one area to look at. Also the lab bar in the down position must make contact with a magnet before releasing the controls. That is another area that can give troubles. Its located on the top left by the pivot pin as your sitting in the machine.

OP
OP
M

MT

The F series had a seat switch that was trouble from the onset. There was a work around that bobcat did as a warranty upgrade. But not all machines were upgraded by their owners. That may be one area to look at. Also the lab bar in the down position must make contact with a magnet before releasing the controls. That is another area that can give troubles. Its located on the top left by the pivot pin as your sitting in the machine.
Thanks for the suggestions. I did not know about the magnet and the seat bar. It eventually started working fine. And that was shortly after cycling the parking brake on and off. I normally never use the parking brake at all. Thanks again!