773C with BICS Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

Hi All,
I did a quick search, but I couldn't find a post that matched the problem that I am seeing.
Our 773 has totally and suddenly immobilized itself and the boom/bucket cylinders are locked. Aux's do work normally.
It is a BOSS unit, but I am getting no codes. When sitting in the machine running with the seat bar down, the BICS box is showing the power light, the seat switch light, and the seat bar light; the valve light flashes 3 times and repeats; the traction light is off. Also, pressing the traction override switch does nothing - no click, nothing.
I know that the 3-flashes indicate that something is shorted to ground.
The cab has been raised, and all wiring harnesses checked to the best of our ability - all look good. All fuses are fine and are not corroded.
We didn't get too much further into it, as we had hay to haul, and just used the loader tractor.
Any ideas on what to check next would be appreciated. Could it be a bad solenoid coil? If so, it is counter-intuitive, as the traction coil won't respond, but it is the BICS valve light that is showing the issue.
The machine is a C-series, with the 2 piece, black and orange rear door, if that helps at all.
Thanks in advance - SR

Tazza

Staff member
It is possible the solenoid is bad, the rust and short out. I had to take one off that was so bad, it was pretty well one with the stem.

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

It is possible the solenoid is bad, the rust and short out. I had to take one off that was so bad, it was pretty well one with the stem.
Well, it turned out to be a fuse after all. Weird, the fuse did not look blown, but it had what looks like a stress crack down in the thicker part of the metal near the spade. Had to look really hard to see it.

Tazza

Staff member
Well, it turned out to be a fuse after all. Weird, the fuse did not look blown, but it had what looks like a stress crack down in the thicker part of the metal near the spade. Had to look really hard to see it.
Glad it was so simple.