773 fuel problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

teddy2

i pulled the 90 degree fitting from the tank. the pickup tube and filter had fallen off. How do i drain the fuel tank.

coreya3212

I suppose you are hoping to drain the fuel and recover the pick up tube and filter? Just a suggestion, but it may be easier to just put a new pick up tube on and put the 90 fitting back in and let the old one ride with you in the tank. I currently have a pick up tube and a float arm off a fuel sender in my tank. But in the spirit of answering yoru question, I dont know how to tdrain the fuel unless you can find a plug from beneath and of its anything like my 825 that will be difficult. Could be a siphon job. Good Luck.

mrfixitpaul

I suppose you are hoping to drain the fuel and recover the pick up tube and filter? Just a suggestion, but it may be easier to just put a new pick up tube on and put the 90 fitting back in and let the old one ride with you in the tank. I currently have a pick up tube and a float arm off a fuel sender in my tank. But in the spirit of answering yoru question, I dont know how to tdrain the fuel unless you can find a plug from beneath and of its anything like my 825 that will be difficult. Could be a siphon job. Good Luck.
There is a cover with 3 bolts holding it, under the engine area. behind the cover are plugs/grommetts to drain the fuel tank and chaincase. You probably won't get the old parts through the hole though......

OldMachinist

I scanned part of the page in the 773 service manual that shows how to drain the fuel. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ayghzh1kjgm/Fuel_Drain001.pdf
If you want remove the tank you have to remove the engine/pump assembly.

OP
OP
T

teddy2

thanks i got it running

Latest posts