773 Bucking under load

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tgeger

Hello, I have a 2001 773G Turbo 2700 hours on it. When I put the bucket down in forward motion with even a slight resistance it wants to buck real bad. It will try to throw you out of the seat. In reverse with the bucket down its fine, just forward with resisitance . Ive had this bobcat for about 4 years and it has always done this. I was running my fiends bobcat he rented and it doesnt do that at all. Its nice and smooth under load. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this? Thank you for any help.... Todd

OP
OP
T

tgeger

Sometimes when the pins and bushings on the BobTach get loose it will do that.
Thanks OldMachinist, I really didnt notice how bad they are. I have been working on them this weekend. Having trouble though getting the pivot pin bolts loose. It looks like they had the wrong size tilt cyl pin in one side, everything needs to be replaced. Thanks again for your reply Todd

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks OldMachinist, I really didnt notice how bad they are. I have been working on them this weekend. Having trouble though getting the pivot pin bolts loose. It looks like they had the wrong size tilt cyl pin in one side, everything needs to be replaced. Thanks again for your reply Todd
Another thing to check is the linkages to the pump. There are alloy blocks that clamp to metel bars that come out of the pump. If the bolts back off, they wear and cause bucking like you are feeling. Get a screwdriver and try levering the alloy arms up and tap them down, see if there is any movement. They should not slide up and down that shaft at all.

OP
OP
T

tgeger

Another thing to check is the linkages to the pump. There are alloy blocks that clamp to metel bars that come out of the pump. If the bolts back off, they wear and cause bucking like you are feeling. Get a screwdriver and try levering the alloy arms up and tap them down, see if there is any movement. They should not slide up and down that shaft at all.
Thanks Tazza, I will check that also. There is alot of play in the linkage. The bushings that are where the linkage connects to the bar that the hand controls connect to are pretty worn. Probably the same at the other end. I got the pivot pins out today, pins and bushings are pretty worn. Thank you again for you help. Todd