773 bob-tach needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

Looking for a good bob-tach for my 773, it is a 1998 year, with a single tilt cylinder. What are the odds anyone here has one?

Tazza

Staff member
Can the old one be repaired?
You may be surprised at what can be fixed.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

Can the old one be repaired?
You may be surprised at what can be fixed.
I'm guessing that it could be. It has such heavy rust that just separating the bucket from it will be difficult. On that same note, the locking wedges, handles & linkages are pretty rusted in place, too. I've read that phosphoric acid or hydrochloric acid will help remove the rust (or at least some or the majority of it), then soda blast the bob-tach. Then replace all moving parts. I'm guessing that the pivot pin bushings are also worn, so they'd have to be addressed, along with the VERY worn pin boss of where the tilt hydraulic cylinder attaches to the bob-tach, too. So, I'm certain that I'll be in for a lengthy process in rebuilding this one. In light of this information, I was hoping that someone on here might have one laying around or no longer needed.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm guessing that it could be. It has such heavy rust that just separating the bucket from it will be difficult. On that same note, the locking wedges, handles & linkages are pretty rusted in place, too. I've read that phosphoric acid or hydrochloric acid will help remove the rust (or at least some or the majority of it), then soda blast the bob-tach. Then replace all moving parts. I'm guessing that the pivot pin bushings are also worn, so they'd have to be addressed, along with the VERY worn pin boss of where the tilt hydraulic cylinder attaches to the bob-tach, too. So, I'm certain that I'll be in for a lengthy process in rebuilding this one. In light of this information, I was hoping that someone on here might have one laying around or no longer needed.
That is a good point, there is a point where the time spent may outweigh the results.
The other good thing is, you may be able to sell the old one on here for a project for someone :)
I had a machine with a badly rusted bobtach, I needed to cut the bucket off it.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

That is a good point, there is a point where the time spent may outweigh the results.
The other good thing is, you may be able to sell the old one on here for a project for someone :)
I had a machine with a badly rusted bobtach, I needed to cut the bucket off it.
This is to simply close this thread out = I sold the machine on 3-17-2016 = "I flushed that toilet!"