763g problem with signal for aux hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

winfred

this has been a annoying and expensive journey that's not over, right deluxe panel started loosing buttons and the screen was hard to read, replaced that and solved that problem, computer died and wouldn't communicate, nobody in the us seemed to be able to lay hands on a 4 plug computer, i locate one in china and acquire for a premium that gets enhanced by customs by another 400, computer solves that problem but now the left panel gauges don't work and none of the buttons do anything, more diag leads to replacing that panel, which solved that problem

at this point everything works but the pwm/thumb control on the right stick to open my grapple, the whole reason i started this nearly $4000 repair, when the computer died i mechanically bypassed all the locks and had been using the bobcat in dumb mode with a starter button, choke cable on the fuel solenoid and a magnet on the hydraulic valve to hold it open, no safety systems at all basically

i run though the schematic and verify the wiring from the button to the computer and the computer to the valve finding no breaks, the grounds are good for both valves, i tried a new stick to verify my thoughts that the original switch was functional (couldn't find info for how the thumb switch worked, suspected it was pwn, which was confirmed after the fact when i got the correct manual, without the refference voltage from the computer its hard to test a hall switch) and it didn't open the grapple, i can close it with the trigger but the thumb control to open/close doesn't seem to be making it out of the computer, i've spliced in a toggle switch so i can open and close via the trigger, which is not ideal but works and confirms the valve/hydraulics work

after all this backstory and rambling, my question is, do i have a bad new computer? or is possibly is the program they flashed into the computer not correct and that output not turned on? i didn't pay the extra couple hundred for the "programming" as i was going to have my local dealer flash it, im pretty sure this is a actual bobcat computer and not a knock off, but the program seems to be extracted from an unknown machine, mine woke up with about 1300 hours showing (about 600 less than my machine) can these computers be reflashed by the dealer? pretty sure the hour meter is what it is once its set and i don't care about that, as a ase master tech and gm dealer employee im use to our computers and some things can't be changed once they're flashed, but others can

sorry about the never ending story, machine# 512250965

K9

this has been a annoying and expensive journey that's not over, right deluxe panel started loosing buttons and the screen was hard to read, replaced that and solved that problem, computer died and wouldn't communicate, nobody in the us seemed to be able to lay hands on a 4 plug computer, i locate one in china and acquire for a premium that gets enhanced by customs by another 400, computer solves that problem but now the left panel gauges don't work and none of the buttons do anything, more diag leads to replacing that panel, which solved that problem

at this point everything works but the pwm/thumb control on the right stick to open my grapple, the whole reason i started this nearly $4000 repair, when the computer died i mechanically bypassed all the locks and had been using the bobcat in dumb mode with a starter button, choke cable on the fuel solenoid and a magnet on the hydraulic valve to hold it open, no safety systems at all basically

i run though the schematic and verify the wiring from the button to the computer and the computer to the valve finding no breaks, the grounds are good for both valves, i tried a new stick to verify my thoughts that the original switch was functional (couldn't find info for how the thumb switch worked, suspected it was pwn, which was confirmed after the fact when i got the correct manual, without the refference voltage from the computer its hard to test a hall switch) and it didn't open the grapple, i can close it with the trigger but the thumb control to open/close doesn't seem to be making it out of the computer, i've spliced in a toggle switch so i can open and close via the trigger, which is not ideal but works and confirms the valve/hydraulics work

after all this backstory and rambling, my question is, do i have a bad new computer? or is possibly is the program they flashed into the computer not correct and that output not turned on? i didn't pay the extra couple hundred for the "programming" as i was going to have my local dealer flash it, im pretty sure this is a actual bobcat computer and not a knock off, but the program seems to be extracted from an unknown machine, mine woke up with about 1300 hours showing (about 600 less than my machine) can these computers be reflashed by the dealer? pretty sure the hour meter is what it is once its set and i don't care about that, as a ase master tech and gm dealer employee im use to our computers and some things can't be changed once they're flashed, but others can

I too have a 763 that i bought last year. No tilt no lift so sold as was. I went over and through a bunch of stuff and determined it had to be the computer or the AHC module. I sent the computer off the Radwell to have it evaluated and repaired rather than pay Bobcat $1500. Bad bad decision. Radwell said they would eval in 3-5 days and tell me if they could fix it. A month later, it was determined they could fix it so i authorized repair. It took about 2-3 months before i had it back. I got so frustrated with them I ended up paying for the Bobcat computer. It did need to be programmed by a mobile tech and said it had to be done on the machine. I had to wait for 5 weeks for him to come, only to find he could not complete all the programming because something was not feeding the AHC module and said i needed to replace that. And so I did. Still did not lift/tilt. I did finally locate the one wire leg that ties into 2 and had heavy verdigris to where it could not pass power. Cleaned the connection and fixed the machine.
Rambled... but from your symptoms I suspect you need to have your new computer programmed on the tractor to get everything in sync. Another monopoly to keep Bobcat busy and paid i suppose.