763G no up tilt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hammerhondo

Unit will tilt down, but no up, and also the arms lift, but have to use emerg relief valve to let arms down. Has code 26-02. Help please. Thank you

Websterspower

Aux stuck on? do you have a hydraulic attachment? put it on and see if you get all the function back. Or install a loop of hose to the Aux ports on the arm and see if you get all the function back. If you do you probably have a bad Aux coil/stem..

OP
OP
H

hammerhondo

Aux stuck on? do you have a hydraulic attachment? put it on and see if you get all the function back. Or install a loop of hose to the Aux ports on the arm and see if you get all the function back. If you do you probably have a bad Aux coil/stem..
Thank you for the reply. I installed a by pass hose in the aux outlets and it WORKED!!! Now, does anyone know what I need to replace? Would it be the Aux control valve solenoid? Which one is it if anyone would know. Thank you again Mr Websterpower. Steve

Tazza

Staff member
Thank you for the reply. I installed a by pass hose in the aux outlets and it WORKED!!! Now, does anyone know what I need to replace? Would it be the Aux control valve solenoid? Which one is it if anyone would know. Thank you again Mr Websterpower. Steve
The most probable cause is the stems on the control block that control the aux hydraulics. They tend to stick when not used for a while.
You can actually pull them apart and try to free them up. They are a little spendy at the dealer, around the $100 mark.
I have pulled them apart before when i had one that wasn't working. Cleaned it out and re-assembled, worked a treat, and is still going.
Have you been poking around under the seat? its possible it was knocked? if it has been bent, that's a different story, it will need to be replaced if so.
To work out what one is bad, remove the stems and coils. Turn the key and press the aux button, use the thumb switch and see if you can feel the magnet moving the inside of the stem. The one that you can't feel is most likely the problem one.

Websterspower

The most probable cause is the stems on the control block that control the aux hydraulics. They tend to stick when not used for a while.
You can actually pull them apart and try to free them up. They are a little spendy at the dealer, around the $100 mark.
I have pulled them apart before when i had one that wasn't working. Cleaned it out and re-assembled, worked a treat, and is still going.
Have you been poking around under the seat? its possible it was knocked? if it has been bent, that's a different story, it will need to be replaced if so.
To work out what one is bad, remove the stems and coils. Turn the key and press the aux button, use the thumb switch and see if you can feel the magnet moving the inside of the stem. The one that you can't feel is most likely the problem one.
Check the resistance of the coil on top of the stem too... It needs to be between 7-10 ohms I believe. You can also swap the coil from the lift/tilt and see if the function of the detent returns (right hand trigger finger). Then you will know the coil is junk-ola... :0)

OP
OP
H

hammerhondo

Check the resistance of the coil on top of the stem too... It needs to be between 7-10 ohms I believe. You can also swap the coil from the lift/tilt and see if the function of the detent returns (right hand trigger finger). Then you will know the coil is junk-ola... :0)
Thanks for all the help. Can anyone post a pic of the coils that you are talking about? I want to make sure I am removing the correct parts to clean and test. Again thank you. Steve

Websterspower

Thanks for all the help. Can anyone post a pic of the coils that you are talking about? I want to make sure I am removing the correct parts to clean and test. Again thank you. Steve
Steve. I am working on getting you a photo. I have the schematic of the valve body in PDF but I can't figure out how to have it hosted somewhere (another website)...... Grrrrr if you want to email me I will send it to you and we can talk our way through it. My email should be in my profile, but if it's not just use my screen name plus gmail.com Shawn

Latest posts