763G (No ACS) - No bucket tilt or lift. Tilt and Lift Spool Lock Solenoids Clicking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

feetball

I've got a perplexing issue that I cannot seem to find the root cause for. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms?

~2000 763G - No ACS - No Bucket Positioning - Tilt and Lift spool lock solenoids clicking when machine is on and seat bar lowered. No Tilt and Lift Action

Symptoms:

• Tilt Spool Lock and Lift Spool Lock solenoids are clicking at a ~1second interval (click every one second)
  • Both solenoids are clicking. I can disconnect one or the other and the connected one continues to click. Disconnect both and the clicking stops.
  • Both pedals are locked.
  • If I press pedals between clicks, every once in a while they will unlock and operate until pedal released. I cannot determine a specific pattern that works every time. It seems random.
  • Clicking sound starts immediately when seat bar is lowered regardless if the machine is running or not.
Diagnostics:
  • No codes
  • Both solenoids have a 7.4 ohm resistance
  • Seat Bar and Lift & Tilt Valve lights are on solid and no blinking when seat bar is lowered.
  • Press to Operate Loader light comes on fine when pressed.
  • Voltage is at 14.4V running and 12.8 not running
  • Machine starts and runs fine.
  • Machine will move forward and backward fine.
  • I'm seeing ~12.4V pulses on positive wire of solenoids corresponding to the clicks.
  • I see a PWM signal (showing a frequency) on positive wire of solenoids.
  • Checked grounds on chassis near cab pivot point and seat.
  • Wiggling various connectors on the harness and connectors at control module has no effect.
  • Control module connections and solenoid connections are clean.

Last edited: