763 runs out of fuel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HanSolo

Could the fuel line in the tank be toast? I've heard a lot about ethanol in fuel eating up fuel lines. A weak fuel pump could also have such symptoms.

SkidRoe

I'm with Han - check the line in the tank. Mine rotted out last year, same symptoms.
Ethanol shouldn't be a problem on a diesel, but the line in the tank definitely has a "best before" date.
Cheers,
SR

OP
OP
A

alexvbugman

I'm with Han - check the line in the tank. Mine rotted out last year, same symptoms.
Ethanol shouldn't be a problem on a diesel, but the line in the tank definitely has a "best before" date.
Cheers,
SR
Thanks, I'll check it out and let u know.

SkidRoe

That's what it was, what can I use to replace it?
I used clear gas line, like you can buy at most automotive stores.
Did you get the broken off piece out of the tank? Mine had a brass strainer on the end of it. It took a bit of fishing, but I was able to recover it.

Tazza

Staff member
That's what it was, what can I use to replace it?
The dealer sells stuff that is apparently better. It's pretty cheap too. You can always use quality fuel line, it will last years, if it fails again, you know what to look for. My 743 is running gates or dayco fuel line i think it is, been in the tank for 8 years now, still no issues. Go for quality hose, the cheap chinese stuff won't last anywhere as long.