763 Overheating???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ralph123

Almost all the glitches are fixed. Now when I start it the green seat bar light doesn't want to light up. The temperature warning light goes on and then the temperature gage goes into the red very quickly. It will do this a few times but then it cools down and everything runs fine. Bob Cat dealer says anti freeze is too old but I don't believe that. Maybe the temperature sensor or maybe the thermostat is sticking are my first thoughts. Just wondering what to try first.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't believe the coolant would be the cause either.
If you have an IR thermometer, get an actual reading at the thermostat housing and see what the tempearture is.
Thermostats do go bad, temperature senders do too. You can check the thermostat by removing it and putting it in boiling water and seeing if it opens.

mmsllc

I don't believe the coolant would be the cause either.
If you have an IR thermometer, get an actual reading at the thermostat housing and see what the tempearture is.
Thermostats do go bad, temperature senders do too. You can check the thermostat by removing it and putting it in boiling water and seeing if it opens.
Drain & refill your coolant system to better protect the coolant system once you get it figured out. While it is empty, I would replace the thermostat just for peace of mind. That way you know it has been done. (I am a stickler for BOBCAT only parts, as there is no point trying to save a couple dollars on a cheap piece of junk that can cost you big time.) Is the fan pulling air through the radiator? Is there any coolant leaks??